Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Want to adopt spayed/neutered GP in Dallas, TX

GSL1445

Cavy Slave
We have a baby GP that needs a friend. I tried a local rescue but was turned down because we have dogs.:weepy: The SPCA in Dallas and even as far as Mckinney don't have anymore. The SPCA was a great deal because adopting was only $15 for a spayed/neutered pig, and I'm all for that. And because it wouldn't matter male or female if the new pig was fixed. Any ideas anyone. I'm looking for a sweet gentle pig for my baby. We saw some older pigs last week that were "unsuitable" to place with a baby pig according to the SPCA. I guess things happen like they are supposed to, and we will get another pig when it happens. I am not going to Petco or Petsmart. I'd just like to give a needy piggy a home with a sweet baby in a spacious piggy condo (fully enclosed and up off the floor away from the doggies). Help...ideas anybody? By the way, I have looked and looked, no sign of boy parts,so I think our baby is a girl.:lovestruc
Thanks for listening.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Why does it have to be a spayed/neutered pig? You can probably find a gp that people need to rehome. Have you tried petfinder and cavyrescue classifieds? Or the local gp rescue? I think there is one in Dallas?

Texas Rustlers

Cavy Slave
Just for clarification purposes - the application was refused due to the breed of dogs, not because of having dogs; we adopt to people with dogs all the time.

Last edited:

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
GSL - what breed of dog do you have? And what kind of set up do you have for your pigs?

I live in Dallas and have some pigs I'm trying to rehome. Right now, I'm looking to rehome 2 boys, so if you're sure your pig is a girl, that wouldn't work. Why don't you get someone to double check the sex of your pig and then get back to me?

GSL1445

Cavy Slave
Trying to answer everyone's questions:;)

-We have dachshunds. We have a 3x4 C&C cage w/ another 4 square feet on the top level. It is enclosed and off the floor in our living room.

-I have looked everywhere I can possibly think of as far as adoption is concerned. I look at petfinder everyday and I have been in close sontact with a girl at the SPCA.

-I just really believe that spaying and neutering is a great thing. I have worked for vets and at shelters before. I have seen the magnitude of pet overpopulation.

-I'm 99% sure we have a female.

Thanks for everyone's replies! I really love the folks on this forum. If you see a pig that you think would fit into our family let me know.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Spay/neuter for dogs, cats and rabbits yes, but neutering for guinea pigs is different. Good luck finding a piggie.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.