Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other Old Guinea Pig Pet Store Cage?

irockdude

Cavy Slave
I am sorry if someone else posted this already but I tried searching but cant find it.

I was just wondering if an old pet-store guinea cage is good for hamsters, rats or mice. I havent decided yet. This is the cage...

(broken link removed), (broken link removed), (broken link removed), (broken link removed)

Dimensions:

Base
Height: 5 1/2 inches
Width: 14 inches
Length: 25 inches

Cage (Metal part)
Height: 10 1/2 inches
Width: 16 1/2 inches
Length 27 1/2 inches:
Bar spacing: 1 inch

I heard a fancy rat and mice have bad odor and Syrian hamsters like being alone. Dwarf hamsters are social so can someone tell me which rodent is best for this cage and tell me what to buy and stuff.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
It's way too small for rats, the bar spacing are way too big for dwarf hamsters and mice but, it may work for a larger syrian hamster.

irockdude

Cavy Slave
So Syrians are my only choice?

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
The spaces between the bars are far too big for a Syrian hamster of any size. It would escape in a second, sorry. It's really not suitable for any of the above rodents.

irockdude

Cavy Slave
oh ok. thanks.

poeticrat

Cavy Slave
I would just use it as a transport cage for if you need to take your pigs to the vet or something or to put them in while you clean the main cage. Its too small for rats, and the bar spacing is too wide for smaller rodents unfortunately.

irockdude

Cavy Slave
Yeah I use this cage as a transport. When I clean theyre C&C cage, i give them floor time by using extra grids as a barrier.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.