Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dexter's Palace

jennawing

Cavy Slave
Cannot find how you upload pics to the gallery, so will show just the finished shot here.

Dexter's Palace

I like it a lot.

Thanks. I figured out the gallery thing, btw. It just wasn't showing up when I first joined.

Very nice set up!

I am not familiar with rabbits so if this is a dumb question, sorry. Doesn't he need straw or some kind of bedding? I did see you had a hidey place with a pillow for Dexter (who is very cute!)

No- he's litter-box trained- he doesn't need bedding. He's out in the den when we are in there, anyway.

His hidey-place now is all fixed up- it's a little tent he can go into for real privacy. In winter, I will replace the cotton pillow with a sheep-skin-lined catbed- which keeps him quite cozy.

Last edited:
jennawing

If my rabbits lived in the house they would live in a cage like his. Mine live in the garage in a 24/7 run. They have much more space than they would in the house. Dexter's cage would take up 1/2 our house! plus I have 3 bunnies ! lol 1 thing though I can't see his grass hay suply?!? 'No- he's litter-box trained- he doesn't need bedding.' Also even though he is littertrainned I would advise you to scatter hay around a bit to encourage hay consumption and its cosy to lie on :0) see my bunnies at (broken link removed) and click on bunnies

I love the home and Dexter the cage is plenty big enough how much square feet is it? How old is he? He looks like a great bun how long have you had him?

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
If you look through all the pics- you can see his hay rack on one end.

Besides his cozy in his tent, he also now has a hammock in one corner, an extra bed in hte bottom where he likes to nap and also I have added a digging box- where he can shred up an old phone book- and he likes to sleep in there, too. I've gotten him a bigger and better litterbox, too- which he is very happy with.

No one that I know that keep rabbits inside puts hay or shavings down on the floor. They don't need them- the floor is not uncomfortable like if it were plain wire- most people use linoleum or just the coroplast. He has plenty of places to curl up and get cozy- he usually just stretches out on the floor to cool. He is very happy and I am satsfied that he is more than substantially provided for.

The cage dimensions are (in inches) 75x30x30

Dexter is 5 1/2 months old- and I've had him since he was 6wks old :)

Great job! I was jost wondering where did you get the cube sets from and did you get a 4 pak or 6 pak?

bottom of cage

I just line it with newspaper. I am like the rest of ya, while they don;t NEED stuff on the floor, it makes me feel better! LOL And Angel likes to rip/chew the newpaper, too.

AWESOME CAGE!!!
Aimee & the zoo

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
I give my rabbits a sheep skin wool cat bed and they love them. I put newspaper on the floor and it's a nice area to stay cool. They don't need all of the hay and stuff.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.