Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello everyone from my piggy world in ellensburg

verawheeler

Cavy Slave
Well we just have 3 piggy's. We did have one piggy named shaylee but she had an accident and had to be put to sleep. My oldest (9yo at the time) was holding her and she nipped him hard and he dropped her. Vet couldn't do anything for her. Jesse (my kiddo) was in tears all the way to the vets and kissed her goodbye before the vet did his job. We waited a few months and a friend of ours had a piggy that had babies. I actually got to see the babies when they were 2 hours old... oh soooo cute. I thought she was stupid for even letting the mom and dad have babies but i couldn't get over how cute the babies were. She decided that she didn't want the babies anymore and when they were 1 month old she gave us 2 of them. She was supposed to know if they were boys/girls but she didn't. I ended up with 1 boy and 1 girl. My black velvet and my Kiara. They will be 1 yr old on July 8. Then another friend of mine bought this piggy from the local pet store and 1 month later decided not to keep him. I couldn't let the poor thing go to the pound so we took him. The friend actually thought it was a girl... The friend named the piggy stripes.. We renamed him Benny (my 4 yo came up with it) after my hubby's uncle that had recently passed away. I came across this website and after reading it decided to big a better cage. We actually had 4 pet store cages with tubes and dividers between them. We figured the C&C cages were much better!

Shaylee
(broken link removed)
Benny
(broken link removed)
Velvet and Kiara at 1 month old.
(broken link removed)
Benny and Kiara
(broken link removed)
As you can tell I just love my piggy's!

Last edited by a moderator:

bromers

Cavy Slave
Hello welcome to the forum, I hope you are a mad guinea pig owner like the rest of us if you are you will fit in perfectally.

spiffykinkajou

Cavy Slave
Very cute babies!
Can't wait til mine arrive.
Welcome to the forum.
People are very helpful and quick to answer questions.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. I just have one little question I want to get cleared up: Is your boy neutered and living with the girls? Or is he separated? Just curious. I hope you enjoy the forum. There's alot of experience on here. Good luck with building your cage. I loved builiding mine.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Big pictures you got there, but your pigs are just so adorable!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Wow BIG pictures! Could you size them smaller next time you post some? We prefer nothing bigger then can fit on a screen so a safe size would be no bigger them 7-8 inches wide. That way your text doesn't run off the side of the screen and we can see the whole picture without having to scroll around. Thanks.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the group.

verawheeler

Cavy Slave
JennG said:
Welcome to the forum. I just have one little question I want to get cleared up: Is your boy neutered and living with the girls? Or is he separated? Just curious. I hope you enjoy the forum. There's alot of experience on here. Good luck with building your cage. I loved builiding mine.

I have 2 boys that won't get along and 1 girl. Both boys aren't neutered yet.... but soon as i can find a good vet and save the money for it that will be done. The boys don't live with kiara, the girl although they do get floor time off and on together with lots of supervision.

sorry the pics are so big i'll try next time to get them smaller as soon as i figure out how to do that....

I just love my 3 baby's

verawheeler

Cavy Slave
Oh and i just love taking the pigtures of these cuties... I seem to be always holding them or posing them LOL with a backdrop(sheet) to take their pigtures.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
verawheeler said:
The boys don't live with kiara, the girl although they do get floor time off and on together with lots of supervision.
This is an accidental pregnancy waiting to happen. It literally only takes seconds for a boar to mount and impregnate a sow, and if you should happen to turn your head at all, there is every chance that some day you'll end up with pups. It would really be much safer to let the boys have floor time seperate from Kiara until you have them neutered and three weeks have passed after the surgery.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
So have you built larger cages yet? I think I missed the timeline somewhere along the way! LOL You may find that the boys just need more space and will get along. Do they get along for floortime? Usually that is why boars fight and of course if a lady is in heat nearby.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums! Adorable piggies. Looking forward to seeing their new cages!

verawheeler

Cavy Slave
jdomans said:
So have you built larger cages yet? I think I missed the timeline somewhere along the way! LOL You may find that the boys just need more space and will get along. Do they get along for floortime? Usually that is why boars fight and of course if a lady is in heat nearby.

the boys don't get along at all. even for floor time. When kiara and benny are out i am usually holding 1 and the other is on the floor. I usually end up holding benny then put kiara back in the cage and then let benny down. He likes to be held.

I don't want any babies so that is how they are supervised. right now i'm working on finding a vet for benny and velvet. I really want to get both of my boys fixed.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I changed your img tags to url tags as some of your images were way too large.

Welcome to Cavy Cages.

verawheeler

Cavy Slave
thanks ly & pigs i still haven't figured out how to make the pictures smaller. I am working on it though.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Before you upload to photobucket, resize them to 3 x 5 or so. That will make a difference in the sizez.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum, cute pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.