Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Metal cage

Dinochick

Cavy Slave
When I bought my piggy the chick at the store told me to get a particular cage, which I did. The cage itself has been working out fine, but the botton of the cage is already starting to rust in certain areas! This is no good for Teboo I figured, but I haven't been able to find a plastic cage bottom. I scrubbed it out really well with steel wool and put a coat of clear rust-oleum on it for now. I plan on building him a cage when I get the $$, but does anyone have any quick fixes or advice on what I could do for now?

david

Cavy Slave
Put coroplast or linoleum on the bottom of the cage. He'll love you more because you're saving his feet from possible cuts and infections.

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Dinochick

Cavy Slave
cavylover said:
for the love of god get your cavy away form wire flooring.Many things can occur and probably will if you dont change the flooring ASAP.Check out guinealynx.com and look under feet(Bumblefoot im leading to).
Oh no, its not a wire floor, I know better than to have him on that! Its just a sold metal floor. I will look for some of the coroplast, thanks :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.