PDA

View Full Version : Large excersize ball

Kriket
05-20-06, 12:45 pm
When I adopted two of my female piggies they came with a large pink exercise ball. I know it is not suitable for piggies or rabbits to run in, but I was wondering if I took the end caps off and suspended it maybe 3 or 4 inches above the floor of the bunny cage, would she get in it and use it as a hidey? I got the idea from the gallery and a picture Jdomans posted of a hidey for her chin. If not, I'll just get rid of it.

suzilovespiggie
05-20-06, 12:58 pm
If you are going to suspended it, could you use it to hold hay? Just a thought.

charliesangel88
05-20-06, 01:11 pm
I dont think it is a very good idea. I would say no!
But it can be used for other things like to hold hay, or veggies, etc. That way the rabbit will have a challenge to get her food and will have fun with it too :)

xxx

bunnyluv17
05-20-06, 02:11 pm
Some rabbits like to roll balls around. You could try using it as a toy.

charliesangel88
05-20-06, 02:36 pm
Thats a good idea bit the ball does sound a bit large...you can try :) :) :)

Percy's Mom
05-22-06, 07:26 am
Instead of throwing it away, you can use it as a planter. A friend of mine gave me a crazy bright orange ball for Percy. I had flowers in it, but I'm getting ready to empty it and plant it full of cilantro. Take the cover off the opening and set the ball upright in a bucket, fill with dirt, and plant stuff in it. The air vents in the sides of the ball should provide enough drainage.

charliesangel88
05-22-06, 05:34 pm
Wow thats a good idea!!
But if you dont want it at all, you can try selling it on Ebay or something :) Dont waste it!!

fourbwabbys
05-22-06, 06:21 pm
That's a clever idea. That would make a very pretty planter.

lilliesmomma
05-23-06, 06:27 am
buns love balls to push around - especially ones that make noise. Put a bell inside and see if the buns will play ball with you. Perhaps put their favorite treat inside to entice their curiosity!

A large ball with a bell inside is my buns favorite toy. They love noisey toys.

If you don't want to deal with ebay try recycling it. My favorite is www.freecycle.org (http://www.freecycle.org). You post things there in your local area for free and you can also pick up free items. It's a great place to shop if you don't want or have money to spend! Especially if you have growing kids! You can even post things you WANT.

I always see animal cages and accessories on my local freecycle... I actually got a brand new HUGE bunny hutch for free (for a friend).