PDA

View Full Version : Attention all members - New rule announcement

VoodooJoint
05-17-06, 08:50 pm
I just want to draw everyone's attention to a new rule that has just been added.

"Flouncing threads and posts are forbidden. a flounce is where a user feels that they have had enough of the forum and, rather than simply leaving quietly, decide to post a long public message detailing their reasons, usually in a new thread so as to get the maximum number of replies. A flounce thread may get deleted and the poster banned. "

Here is the full definition of a Flounce:
Flounce is a term used on Internet chat forums to describe a type of post. Typically a flounce is where a user feels that they have had enough of the forum and, rather than simply leaving quietly, decide to post a long public message detailing their reasons, usually in a new thread (http://www.toytowngermany.com/munich/Thread) so as to get the maximum number of replies.

The flounce post could contain insults directed at fellow members of the forum (http://www.toytownmunich.com/forum/index.php?act=Members&max_results=50&sort_key=posts&sort_order=desc) or at its administrators (http://www.toytowngermany.com/munich/Moderation_team), and the users' grievances with them. They can range from the calm and reasoned to the emotional and hysterical, garnering comment and concern respectively. After flouncing, the user, rather than staying away, is usually back within a few days to a few weeks, often expecting that the mood regarding them will be exactly the same as it was when they left - which of course it never is.

In some cases, the flouncer spams the forum or - if in a position to do so - closes it entirely or disables a certain feature of it. The word flounce is intended to evoke the image of a child having a tantrum and flapping its arms about while screaming for attention.

You can read the full rule thread here.
http://www.cavycages.com/forum/announcement.php?f=27&a=7

JennG
05-18-06, 04:31 pm
Ok fine! I won't go around flouncing (my definition: to dance about naked in a darkened room alone ;) ) anymore or is it still ok to flounce about in my living room when the nights draws in and I'm all alone.....Teehee! Seriously, it's probably best that we members don't encourage the flouncers by responding to them as well. Just let them go in peace.

BabyGrl
05-18-06, 04:51 pm
You forgot on a table Jenn. You dance on the table.

CavySpirit
05-18-06, 05:17 pm
You forgot on a table Jenn. You dance on the table.

BG, YOU may dance on a table, but that's usually not flouncing, that really calls for an audience. Ya'll know my position on dancing. Any and all dancing is more than acceptable--although I reserve judgement until I see BG on the table... :eek:

JennG
05-18-06, 05:28 pm
Thank God she's going to be on the table. I've gained enough to break it in two. Of course, she'll probably need alittle extra liquid to get up there, than again, she is weird.

BabyGrl
05-18-06, 05:32 pm
Actually I prefer the bar. I will recreate the evolution of dance video. For a small fee of course.

VoodooJoint
05-18-06, 06:12 pm
Hey, I'm all for dancing on tables or bartops as the case may be. Don't forget my Anniversary back in October when I first went back home.
http://f5.putfile.com/5/13720104586.jpg

CavySpirit
05-18-06, 06:13 pm
Very cool!!

And a good time was had by all, well at least VJ!

VoodooJoint
05-18-06, 06:17 pm
I just wish I could remember it. :knockout:

BabyGrl
05-18-06, 08:06 pm
Ahh double fisting at its finest.

JennG
05-18-06, 09:27 pm
Go VJ! Go VJ! It's your anniversary! Go VJ! I'm sure we've all been close to that situation, we just may not have pics to prove it.

BabyGrl
05-19-06, 01:55 pm
Go VJ! Go VJ! It's your anniversary! Go VJ! I'm sure we've all been close to that situation, we just may not have pics to prove it.

Why is it that I picture you singing this while doing the cabage patch?

JennG
05-20-06, 03:23 pm
Well cause I was dancing. :) I prefer to do the running man myself.

bromers
05-21-06, 01:44 pm
Voodoo, I have had enough off this forum I had to all and I am breaking your rule! :p. Do you think people who are going to leave will obay this rule? It seems fair though, and I can't say I don't take enjoyment out of those stupid threads they are funny but yep kind of useless.

VoodooJoint
05-21-06, 02:55 pm
The fact is Bromers that they rarely do actually leave. Usually they come back and often they start posting again.

If they are going to try to flounce out of here I'll be happy to help them to the door and lock it behind them.

I am also happy to take away their "you-all-are-so-mean-so-I'm-taking-my-toys-and-going-home" thread.

Piglet
05-22-06, 12:13 pm
You sausage! I was looking forward to the day where I could leave this forum in absolute histerics :( I even had a post prepared

VoodooJoint
05-22-06, 12:17 pm
Piglet, you staying here is hysterics enough.

By the way, haven't I banned you yet?:p

Percy's Mom
05-22-06, 12:23 pm
Piglet - Did you just call VJ a sausage?

Jennicat
05-22-06, 12:35 pm
Tomorrow they announce the "No Calling the Mods a Sausage" rule.

VoodooJoint
05-22-06, 01:03 pm
Piglet - Did you just call VJ a sausage?I believe she did! Can I ban her for that?

What does being a sausage mean anyway? You UKers are weird.

daftscotslass
05-22-06, 01:13 pm
I believe she did! Can I ban her for that?

What does being a sausage mean anyway? You UKers are weird.

Maybe it's a London thing, I always thought a sausage was mystery meat in some animal innards.

Unless of course you mean "silly sausage". It's a term you would use when gently/light-heartedly calling someone daft.

Percy's Mom
05-22-06, 01:16 pm
Calling you a sausage is definitely not vegetarian friendly. Unless of course she meant the Morningstar Sausage Patties, and those are good.

Unless of course you mean "silly sausage". It's a term you would use when gently/light-heartedly calling someone daft. And you would certainly know about being called daft, wouldn't you Daft?

Piglet
05-22-06, 01:23 pm
If, we're being precise I was talking about a mycroprotein sausage. Get it right :rolleyes:

I don't know, I just insert words here and there. VJ, we have discussed this before! Banning me would just be a shock to the system.

daftscotslass
05-22-06, 01:24 pm
And you would certainly know about being called daft, wouldn't you Daft?

I prefer to be referred to as "unique" :crazy: .

Edit: But the ID uniquescotslass doesn't have the same ring to it!

Piglet
05-22-06, 01:24 pm
No thanks, we'll just stick to daft!

VoodooJoint
05-22-06, 02:20 pm
Maybe I need to change my mod title to sausage mod.

Jennicat
05-22-06, 02:22 pm
Would that mean you'd only be able to moderate sausages?

fourbwabbys
05-22-06, 02:22 pm
lol Sausage.... So now we have a Mod with a fish and a Mod with a sausage. Nice food theme going on.

VoodooJoint
05-22-06, 02:24 pm
lol Sausage.... So now we have a Mod with a fish and a Mod with a sausage. Nice food theme going on.Fish are friends not food! or so says Super Fish's motto!

Well by the "Silly Sausage" definition I got, that would make all of you the sausages.

I guess I could whack you with sausages as well.

daftscotslass
05-22-06, 02:52 pm
Wait a minute... so we have a fish slapping motorator? Goodness me I'm confused.

fourbwabbys
05-22-06, 02:54 pm
Wait a minute... so we have a fish slapping motorator? Goodness me I'm confused.

Percy's Mom's tool of choice is a trout that she slaps people with when they get out of line.

VoodooJoint
05-22-06, 02:54 pm
Love the new Mod title PM!

Percy's Mom
05-22-06, 02:57 pm
Percy's Mom's tool of choice is a trout that she slaps people with when they get out of line.But it's a rubber toy trout, so he's still fish friendly. And I thought you would like that VJ!

JennG
05-22-06, 08:28 pm
Goodness! Sausage, fish, all this talk is making me hungry. Man, I've missed this place.

bromers
05-23-06, 12:25 pm
I was looking forward to the day where I could leave this forum in absolute histerics :( I even had a post prepared
So did I but don't worry we will still do it. And sign up again 7 times each! Gone where the day's of banning Bromers :p.

Piglet
05-23-06, 01:15 pm
Haha! I believe that my ISP (is that what you call it?) changes every time I log on so you will never catch me. NEVER! *laughs manically*

(I think I've been around general anaesthetic a bit tooooo long)