Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Inside a meat factory...pictures

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
**warning graphic images are contained in these links**

These pictures were taken in 2006 by an italian student at an Australian meat factory. There is one heartwrenching picture where a helpless cow awaites her fate and stares right into the camera. Your heart truely goes out to these animals.

Please click here to veiw the pictures and the article, ive posted some examples of pictures: (broken link removed)

(broken link removed) (photo of cow awaiting her fate as her fellow cow is being slaughtered her eyes say it all)

(broken link removed) (cow being killed for slaughter)

(broken link removed) (more cows killed and hung)

Meat factories all over the world are like this. This is just an example that Australia is too just as guilty over its treatment of animals in slaughter houses.

Last edited:

Piglet

Cavy Slave
It's awful - In the upcoming months I'm going to vist a slaughterhouse to see all of this with my own eyes. I've seen all the videos and pictures, but let's see if I can face it :(

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Do you guys have more lax standards when it comes to slaughterhouse employees or is it just that shop? Becuase quite frankly the conduct of the people in those pictures should be enough to make Austrailians go veg.

I'm sorry, it's just hard enough seeing those pictures without the blantant health violations (by Candians standards) to top it all off. If people had tried to pull that back when I was a QA I'd have blown a gasket.

If people are going to eat rotting flesh the least they could do is not eat contaminated rotting flesh.

I'm also always amazed by the fact that other countries don't make helmets manditory for all employees. I don't care if you are just chopping meat, something could fall on you!

Just more examples of why I choose not to support or work for the industry anymore.

tigerbaby

Cavy Slave
That was preaty bad! It made me sick.:sick: I only eat poultrey if I have to.:ashamed:

Other than that yuck! how can you eat meat at all?I just don't get it.:mad:

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
tigerbaby said:
I only eat poultrey if I have to.:ashamed:
Why would you have to?

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
That's so sad. I was watching 20/20 and it showed Wegman's egg farms and the conditions the chickens were in. It was horrible.

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
Wow, that is awful. I don't see how anyone could continue eating meat after seeing that.

Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
Do you guys have more lax standards when it comes to slaughterhouse employees or is it just that shop? Becuase quite frankly the conduct of the people in those pictures should be enough to make Austrailians go veg.

Im not sure, I live in Sydney and that is a Queensland slaughterhouse. I assume they are fundementally all the same. Sad thing is our meat is shipped over to the UK and USA.

Personally Australians who I have met will not change their ways with or without pictures, videos e.t.c. It seems our culture revolves around meat the great aussie BBQ has to have meat for example (we all know it doesn't).

Another sad fact is one response I got from showing these pictures was ''but the animals may not feel pain'' Of course they do! They have nervous systems and can feel a great deal of pain. It just astounds me that people will still make up excuses for continuing to eat meat, when animal abuse and torture is staring them right in the face.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I looked at the first two photos but I really don't want to see the rest. :sad:

Piglet

Cavy Slave
That's absolutely pathetic - animals can't feed pain? What planet does that person live on? People will make a million and one excuses before they get off their lazy arses

bromers

Cavy Slave
I can't even look at those pictures without wanting to vomit. I am glad I am a vegitarian, I may only save a few animals but atleast it means afew animals not going through that pain.

PeruRodent

Cavy Slave
That's horrible there's blood all over the floor in that last picture! O.O

Lillie

Cavy Slave
i am perfectly ok with anyone deleating this because it may not be true for all proccesing plants but my former science teacher worked at a plant for years and told me when i asked how they are killed, he said they use a special kind of air gun, and that it is vertualy painless and takes seconds for them to be out cold. he explaind that the vids of people killing cows buy stabbing them over and over was unrealistic because of the time and effort it takes to do that- if it where like that, meat would be in a much higher demand than what it is now. they also have to be certified (the companies) to not do more than they have to.And if you didnt shut me out in the first couple of lines i will make a compramise, they do hang them, it is a terrible looking thing- but beating them in the head and stabbing them over and over might not be so true.

ps. i love the fact that you feel strongly about this issue and im glad there are still people w/ enough will power. i just hope you can see my way of thinking-that animal crulety is a horibble thing and should never be done, but they dont have human emotions, the dont feel like we do (and im not talking phisical senses) i realy hope you can understand what im saying, because i have tried-and am still trying to understand your views!

Im cuban and i know what its like to be hungry and not have a liberty of what you eat! i eat just about any meat(not pork because they are an unclean meat, and seafood) and most veggies.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
i just hope you can see my way of thinking-that animal crulety is a horibble thing and should never be done, but they dont have human emotions, the dont feel like we do (and im not talking phisical senses) i realy hope you can understand what im saying, because i have tried-and am still trying to understand your views!

Just what is your view? That it's okay to have a mass-murder of cows because the air gun is "vertualy painless", even if they have to "hang them?"

And where do you get off saying that animals don't feel things the way that human beings do? Do you deny that other species of animals feel fear? Do you deny that other species of animals feel love? Do you deny that other species of animals form bonds and attachments? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Did you know that when baby cows are taken away from their mothers, that their mothers bellow and cry and fight to get to them? Did you know that when monkeys are separated from their families, they become depressed and often quit eating and end up dying? Did you know that chickens form a very complex hierarchy within their flock and follow a very strict social order? Did you know that my cat will bite and scratch almost every human being on this earth, but never me? Do you deny that he loves me? Did you know that my cat will throw himself at a closed door if he thinks I'm behind it and that he'll keep throwing himself against the door until he sees me, even if that takes hours? (Yes, I've timed him.) What do you call that, if not love?

Don't you DARE come here, say it's okay to murder animals for food because it's not as cruel a process as we might think, and then have the nerve to suggest that animals don't feel anything.

As if that makes it okay, anyways. The very fact that animals experience physical pain is enough for me. Even if you assume (incorrectly) that animals experience no emotions, why is it okay to let them suffer physically?

It's not. It's not okay. No matter how humane the slaughter method, no matter how unfeeling an animal might be, it's not okay.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Lillie said:
but they dont have human emotions, the dont feel like we do (and im not talking phisical senses)

When you make a sweeping statement like this, the people on here are going to want to see proof. Proper, scientific proof to justify it.

Or you're just talking nonsense. On a vegetarian forum, nonetheless.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
It didn't tell me anything I didn't know already.

"The reality is, we don't know that much about what dogs think, because they can't tell us. "

That sums it up perfectly. They don't have a clue because they just don't know. They can't know. The entire article is just based on conjecture. The fact is, there is no proof and you cannot make conclusive statements either way.

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
Your basing your entire agument not on scientific facts but on a science teachers statement and an article that cannot even prove without a doubt either way?

I highly doubt your science teacher knows everything about animal behaviour, suffering and the methods that are used. They do not use an ''air gun'' but insert a steel bolt through the animals brain. This does not kill them straight away, many cows remian concious through the entire killing process.

The slaughtering process isnt even the beginning. Their whole lives these animals are treated horribly. This is animal abuse. Do you support animal abuse? Do you support people who keep cows in steel cages unable to move their whole lives. People who burn the beaks off chickens so they can fit more in a tiny cage? Would you like your pet to live in a faeces ridden cage, deprived of food and water? If animals dont have emotions by all means treat your pet this way, obviously its okay to abuse an animal since it cant feel anything? By your method of thinking you condone animal abuse. You condone this behaviour.

If I burnt the beak off my pet would you think thats okay? Because it cant ''feel'' anything? Even when it screams in pain its fine?

Face it. Your condoning a form of animal abuse, animal abuse that is disgusting and inhumane. If you wouldnt treat your pets this way why treat any other animal this way? If people thought like you animal abuse wouldnt be against the law and millions of animals would be kicked, thrown, burnt, shot and countless other horrid acts done to them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.