Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Anything other than coroplast and linoleum?

valeriusj

Cavy Slave
It's been very difficult to find coroplast around me, and I'm not too fond of linoleum... any other ideas or suggestions? I went to Home Depot and found Vinyl tiles - would those work? I have a 3x5 cage (yes, 3 instead of 2) - is that okay? or should I make it 2x6 or 7?? I have two guinea pigs, one male and one female (male is neutered) and they get along great thus far! Anywho, any ideas? I'm not so sure about plexiglass either..

cdains

Cavy Slave
I have been hearing that if you go to a sign shop, they would have the corplast. Just tell them how big of piece you need and that you are using for a gp cage.

Merrill

Cavy Slave
Not all sign shops have coroplast, and some don't have the right sizes.

I don't know about the tiles, but I use plastic bins and a wading pool for my cages. I got the plastic bins at Bed Bath & Beyond and they are 6 inches high with wheels. My piggy can get right over them, as I use two. For my other cage I use a wading pool that I got at Toys "R" Us. It's circular and it cost around $7, and it's near the equivalent of a 2x4 I think.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I think vinyl tiles will work, as long as you use a non-toxic adhesive or glue to secure them to the cubes (or base). It would also be easy to clean! Hope this helps. =)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.