PDA

View Full Version : Refreshing?

robertw
05-12-06, 01:14 pm
I have been noticing that If I dont hit the refresh button on IE I tend to get the version of the page stored from my last visit. I do a lot of surfing but this is the only place where it happens on nearly every page , not to say that I never use the refresh on other pages.

Is there some setting on IE to force it to refresh as soon as I get on or is this some issue with the site?

Thanks and I do love the place.

Robert

CavySpirit
05-12-06, 02:19 pm
hmmm. I hadn't noticed. But I did change some page cache settings back when I was having performance problems in hopes of staying on my old server. I'll have a look at those settings and let you know if I make any changes.

CavySpirit
05-12-06, 02:26 pm
Okay, I THINK I changed the setting that was affecting that behavior. Server load will increase, but hopefully it won't be noticeable now.

Thanks,
Teresa

robertw
05-12-06, 03:00 pm

Il let you lnow.

Robert

robertw
05-12-06, 03:08 pm
I rechecked my settings on IE.... Im afraid this may have been more a local problem then on here. There is a setting in IE that says check for newer version of stored page.... mine was set to never.. I guess some prg changed it on me and It was more noticable here being a forum you use the same url's mostly... and it wasnt updating.

Sorry

Robert

CavySpirit
05-12-06, 03:53 pm
No problem.