Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Refreshing?

robertw

Cavy Slave
I have been noticing that If I dont hit the refresh button on IE I tend to get the version of the page stored from my last visit. I do a lot of surfing but this is the only place where it happens on nearly every page , not to say that I never use the refresh on other pages.

Is there some setting on IE to force it to refresh as soon as I get on or is this some issue with the site?

Thanks and I do love the place.

Robert

hmmm. I hadn't noticed. But I did change some page cache settings back when I was having performance problems in hopes of staying on my old server. I'll have a look at those settings and let you know if I make any changes.

Okay, I THINK I changed the setting that was affecting that behavior. Server load will increase, but hopefully it won't be noticeable now.

Thanks,
Teresa

Il let you lnow.

Robert

I rechecked my settings on IE.... Im afraid this may have been more a local problem then on here. There is a setting in IE that says check for newer version of stored page.... mine was set to never.. I guess some prg changed it on me and It was more noticable here being a forum you use the same url's mostly... and it wasnt updating.

Sorry

Robert

No problem.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.