Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Piggie Pen

Theil

Cavy Slave
I just finished my cage today, so i havn't gotten my piggies yet. I still have plenty of time.. i'm in no rush. I just wanted to know what you all thought of it. Any suggestions or comments are highly appreciated. I had to use linoleum because i really didn't know how i could make coroplast fit into this cage. Its not exactly a rectangle. It has a few obtuse angles. I had to do it this way because the space that i wanted it to be (right next to my computer which i am on A LOT!) only had room for either a 3x2 cage or what you see here. I think it will work fine though. The lower level is 4x4, but its kind of a triangle with 3 90 degree angles and 2 170? degree angles. The upper level is 2x2. One of my questions is that the upper level is going to be filled with Timothy Hay.. will that be enough for my little guys, or should i also add some to the lower level as well? I'll try to put a photo on here, but i'm exactly sure how to do it, so i'll try. Thanks in advance!

alessa

Cavy Slave
Wow.. it looks great...and it looks like enough space. I think it'd be good just to scatter some hay on the first floor though.

Great job on the cage!

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
It looks really great! I would never have thought to use a corner like that. I think it is big enough.

I put hay on both levels for my girls.

kennethlhm

Cavy Slave
looks great & unique

Piglet

Cavy Slave
hi there. Your cage looks fab. Did you use lino for the sides as well, or just for the base?

Theil

Cavy Slave
Yes.. I used linoleum for both the base and the sides. I had to actually secure it to the cage with a few cable ties because it would curl over on the top.

LiciaMommycott

Cavy Slave
Awesome looking cage. I love the corner style. You should definitely post in the galleries! I think the hay in the lofts is enough but I've found that if you sprinkle hay on the floor it helps keep the bedding in place so I use hay there as well. It gets wasted more because of soiling but I buy in bulk for cheap so that's ok.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
another question...lol. Have then been chewing the lino? Im only asking cos thats what im gonna use 4 my cage...

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Nice job. You should upload the photo to the site if you haven't already.

Theil

Cavy Slave
I'm not quite sure if they will chew on it yet... i still havn't gotten them. I'm trying to find a nice rescue agency in Akron, Ohio. Havn't had very much luck yet. I hope they won't chew on it, but i know of a few ways I could keep them from doing it if they do start. Thanks for all the nice comments ='), and i'll try to post it to the gallery once i get my piggies, and know that they like it all. I may still have to rearange some of it to give them some room to run around.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.