Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

coroplast inside or outside

carson

Cavy Slave
We are getting ready for our first pig. I bought the wire cube kit and a sheet of coroplast. Am I better off putting the coroplast pan inside the cage or making the coroplast pan big enough to set the cage in the pan?

Pros and cons would be much appreciated.

Joe

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Personally, I would put the pan inside the cage. It is a bit easier to clean that way since you can just lift the pan out, dump it, wipe it down, and put it back in. If your pig is a chewer though, make the pan bigger and set the cube walls inside the pan. With the walls inside though, you have more of a chance of bedding getting stuck to the grids.

carson

Cavy Slave
Thanks, I appreciate that.

fairysari

Cavy Slave
I think it depends a bit on the size of the cage. If it's a 2x3 or 2x4, single level, it might be nice to put the cubes inside the coroplast, and if you use fleece bedding, it would help hold it down. At that size, I don't think the cubes would be too much to lift out

If your cage is bigger than that, or has different levels, or some other complicated construction, it would probably be easier to put the coro inside the cubes, so you can get to all the nooks and crannies without compeltely taking the cage apart.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.