PDA

View Full Version : Georgie, Lola and me

GeorgieLolaLove
05-11-06, 06:38 am
Hello!
My name is Inge and I have two cavies, named Georgie & Lola. Georgie is a red-white peruvian and Lola is cream coloured with short, smooth hair.
They're both sows. I'd really like to post some pictures of them and of their cage, but I can't because I don't have a digital camera yet!
I built them a cage of white laminated panels, since I couldn't find cubes and coroplast ANYWHERE in the Netherlands! :sad:
Their cage is 200 cm by 80 cm (I believe that's 6,5 feet by 2,5 feet?)
And they have floor time everyday and a lot of lap time!
I really love my cavies and I love this site! There are so many great ideas on this site!

My Baby Mu
05-11-06, 09:29 am
Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you will learn all you need to know.

NMPiggyMom
05-11-06, 11:06 am
Welcome to the forum. I'm new myself and find this is an informative and very supportive group.
I've been fascinated by the posts from around the world -- noting you are from the Netherlands. I think I have assumed "everyone" has access to the same supplies worldwide. It's been an eye opener to realize other areas and other countries have challenges with supplies that I take for granted.
I would love to see some pigtures of your girls when you can.
Welcome!

JennG
05-11-06, 11:39 am
Welcome to the group. I had a girly named Lola but she recently passed away. I can't wait to see pigtures of your girls. This is a very informative group. I hope you find it very useful in raising your little girls.

little_russian
05-11-06, 11:51 am
Welcome, welcome, welcome. I'm pretty new, too. I've been helped so much by the fellow posters and I am sure you'll find a lot of useful info here as well. Get that camera soon, so we can see the pictures of your cage - it sounds interesting and different - and of course your piggies! A lot of people use different kind of material, I would just suggest looking at the gallery for ideas on non C&C cages - a lot of people don't use cloroplast for instance, I'm sure you'll figure it out!

xxozzypigxx
05-11-06, 11:59 am
Hi! Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new as well myself! Georgie & Lola sound really nice, it's funny one of my guinea pigs sound just like Lola! His brother is cream as well but he's a longhaired. Georgie sounds like a really beautiful colour, I didn't have much of a colour choice choosing my two!

My Baby Mu
05-11-06, 12:25 pm
An alternitive to coroplast is linoleum.

GeorgieLolaLove
05-11-06, 12:42 pm
Thank you all for the warm welcome!
I like this site a lot (and I am a bit addicted to it! But that's because I love cavies so much and I'd never thought there would be a site like this one!)
I thought of linoleum, but I used shelves that are 100% waterproof and I used a silicon kit to close all the little spaces.
I hope I'll get a camera very soon!