Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello, I'm new

wishydane

Cavy Slave
Hi, my name is Mel. I've owned/bred/showed hamsters for 8 years and yesterday for my (age removed) b-day, I got my first Guinea Pig. My dad brought her home from work, as his co-workers daughter could not keep her any longer, and so now, here I am. I think I've determined she's a Black Dutch Silkie/Sheltie. She's 2 1/2 years old and very sweet. I've dubbed her Fluff. hehehe. Any info about them would be great. I've been looking on the internet for a while trying to find out about piggies in general, so I do need some help. Feel free to email me if you have some advice. I'll be posting lots of questions when I find the question board on this cool forum, so please make sure to come and see if you can answer them. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
First of all welcome to the forum. I do have to mention that this forum is anti-breeding and anti-showing. I really do hope you stick around and learn more about us and why we feel the way we do.

wishydane

Cavy Slave
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way about breeding and showing. I see a need for population control, but totally abstaining from it seems a bit odd. There are no shows in my area and I know she's not show quality anyways. Won't have to wrry about that. It would be nice if you could reply to my questions on the first board. ^^ I really need some info.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.