PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new

wishydane
05-10-06, 09:52 pm
Hi, my name is Mel. I've owned/bred/showed hamsters for 8 years and yesterday for my (age removed) b-day, I got my first Guinea Pig. My dad brought her home from work, as his co-workers daughter could not keep her any longer, and so now, here I am. I think I've determined she's a Black Dutch Silkie/Sheltie. She's 2 1/2 years old and very sweet. I've dubbed her Fluff. hehehe. Any info about them would be great. I've been looking on the internet for a while trying to find out about piggies in general, so I do need some help. Feel free to email me if you have some advice. I'll be posting lots of questions when I find the question board on this cool forum, so please make sure to come and see if you can answer them. :D

Ly&Pigs
05-10-06, 10:05 pm
First of all welcome to the forum. I do have to mention that this forum is anti-breeding and anti-showing. I really do hope you stick around and learn more about us and why we feel the way we do.

wishydane
05-10-06, 10:11 pm
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way about breeding and showing. I see a need for population control, but totally abstaining from it seems a bit odd. There are no shows in my area and I know she's not show quality anyways. Won't have to wrry about that. It would be nice if you could reply to my questions on the first board. ^^ I really need some info.