Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm such a newbie. =)

Martini

Cavy Slave
Just thought I should say hello to everyone! I just bought my first two piggies the other day and did they ever surprise me. Honestly, I (along with a surprising amount of other people) originally thought they had very lazy attitude that you could keep in a very small cage. Boy, was I wrong! These adorable little rodents can definitely move!

Anyhow, to make a long story short, I spent the last few days reading up on these little tibbles (as I’d like to make them as happy and comfortable as possible). Talk about opening my eyes! I had not clue my two little girls needed such a large amount of space and attention. But if that’s what they need, that’s what they get (spoiling pets is my specialty). Happy to say that tomorrow I’ll be getting them out of that small pet store bought cage and into a nice 10’x 4’, two floor piggy mansion. Hoping they like it!!!

As a note, I (not knowing any better) did my little girls from the pet store… though I’ll not make that mistake again. I didn’t realize how many piggies needed a good home!!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Glad to hear it! Welcome to the forums. You sound like a great cavy slave already.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
It's so refreshing to hear intros like this every once in a while. Welcome to the forum and great job on doing you research. If you have ANY questions feel free to ask. You and your piggers will both love the new cage. Their personalities will just blossom before your eyes. You think they can move now? Wait until the start running laps and popcorning in their new abode! Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Heck, I'm excited for you!

What was I talking about? ... Oh yeah! Welcome to the forum!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
As a note, I (not knowing any better) did my little girls from the pet store… though I’ll not make that mistake again. I didn’t realize how many piggies needed a good home!!
This kind of attitude makes my day!

Welcome to Cavy Cages. I am sure you will learn more than you ever wanted to know about piggies here.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you won't buy anymore pigs from a petstore!

JennG

Cavy Slave
Yeah for you! Congrats on understanding the importance of adopting piggies. And welcome to the forum. We always like to see pigtures.

Fire Cracker

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the form! I am sure you pigs will LOVE there new cage! hope to see pictures.

little_russian

Cavy Slave
I am new too, so I guess welcome to us both! I made that same mistake of getting my piggie from the store - he was too cute, though... I am addopting my second piggie very soon - found a very nice shelter in the area. Sounds like your cage really is a mansion! Your piggies are gonna love it! My cage is 2x4 and already takes up half the room, I wish I could give more space too... Anyways, welcome!

Cavyslavesteph

Cavy Slave
Martini said:
Happy to say that tomorrow I’ll be getting them out of that small pet store bought cage and into a nice 10’x 4’, two floor piggy mansion.

Wow, that is a wonderfully huge cage, especially for just 2 piggies. My pigs are already asking if there is anyway we can arrange piggy dates or piggy sleepovers at your place.lol They would love to get their butts in a cage that large.

Martini

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the warm welcome! Me jittery little girls are now in their new cage!!! I’m so relieved too, I felt so bad once I found out they needed lots of space… I just had to get them out of that small cage as soon as possible. =)

Well, it’s only been about four days since I’ve been introduced to these adorable critters. Darla and Ginny seem to be coming around famously (I know it must be a lot to get used to). Though Darla mostly hides, Ginny started eating out of my hand today!!! Nether will really let me pet them yet… but no worries, everyone needs time. =)

As for sleepovers, well I don’t know. Might cramp Darla’s style, she tends to move though the cage like a Navy Seal homing in on enemy territory. She sneaks from one hiding place to the other. I’d just hate to wake up one night to see Darla hogtieing all the guests of the house. =)

Yep, I’m with ya one that one, Little_Russian. I’ll never support a pet store again, but no matter how much I try, I can’t help but think that they’re just so damn adorable. Honestly, not that I have the cage made, I’ll probably adopt two more piggies just to make sure two more have a good, loving home for them to live in (*cough* well as long as Darla doesn’t go all Navy Seal on them).. =)

Can’t wait to see if they popcorn. Haha… if they don’t then I’ll just have to think of a way to spoil them (even more) until they do. =)

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Martini, anyway to see some pigtures? That is out all time favorite around here. We want to see the castle as well.

Martini

Cavy Slave
Yep, going to pick up a digital camera in two weeks. Then i'll have so many pigtures everyone will tell me to stop. =) Sorry, anything as adorable as my two little girls just needs a dedicated camera. hehe

Also, now that my first cage is done, i already have plans to make them a bigger (expecially since i'm thinking of adopting two more) and better cage. =)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.