PDA

View Full Version : New Piggy Momma!

tronqua
05-10-06, 07:01 am
Hi everyone, my name is Ana and I have a been a piggy momma for the past 2 weeks and I totally love it!!!!!! I could never have imagine how much fun my babies are. I currently have 3 piggies: Lucy, Ethel, and Bacon. This afternoon I will be picking up 2 more piggies from a lady who breeds piggies. I am so excited. I have upgraded my one floor Cavy Cage to a "Cavy Cage Condo" to accomodate my piggies. :)

Ly&Pigs
05-10-06, 11:40 am
This afternoon I will be picking up 2 more piggies from a lady who breeds piggies.
Are there no shelters or rescues that you can adopt from instead?

Percy's Mom
05-10-06, 12:03 pm
By doing a quick search on Petfinder, I came up with several pigs within an hour or 2 from Fort Stewart. Please look into adopting instead of supporting a breeder and adding to severe animal overpopulation.

jdomans
05-10-06, 03:24 pm
Yes Savannah now has about 3 or 4 pigs for adoption. I am in Savannah and wish I had room for them. Back in December there were none listed here and Id rove 3 hours to get the girls.

Welcome to the group. We would love to see pigtures.

JennG
05-10-06, 08:24 pm
Well I'm glad you love your piggies and have found how wonderful they are but instead of supporting a breeder, please find a shelter or rescue near you to adopt piggies that are in desperate need. Thanks!

Fire Cracker
05-10-06, 09:03 pm
Welcome to the forum! I do have to suggest that you try and find a shelter to get you two new pigs from. As you can see many people feel strongly about this, as do I. Are your pigs female or male? Looking forward to seeing you around. Please post pictures of you piggies as soon as you can!!

My Baby Mu
05-11-06, 10:06 am
Welcome to the forum. I suggest you find guinea pigs from a shelter instead of buying from a breeder. Please post pictures of your pigs if you can, I would like to see them.