Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Piggy Momma!

tronqua

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, my name is Ana and I have a been a piggy momma for the past 2 weeks and I totally love it!!!!!! I could never have imagine how much fun my babies are. I currently have 3 piggies: Lucy, Ethel, and Bacon. This afternoon I will be picking up 2 more piggies from a lady who breeds piggies. I am so excited. I have upgraded my one floor Cavy Cage to a "Cavy Cage Condo" to accomodate my piggies. :)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
This afternoon I will be picking up 2 more piggies from a lady who breeds piggies.
Are there no shelters or rescues that you can adopt from instead?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
By doing a quick search on Petfinder, I came up with several pigs within an hour or 2 from Fort Stewart. Please look into adopting instead of supporting a breeder and adding to severe animal overpopulation.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Yes Savannah now has about 3 or 4 pigs for adoption. I am in Savannah and wish I had room for them. Back in December there were none listed here and Id rove 3 hours to get the girls.

Welcome to the group. We would love to see pigtures.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Well I'm glad you love your piggies and have found how wonderful they are but instead of supporting a breeder, please find a shelter or rescue near you to adopt piggies that are in desperate need. Thanks!

Fire Cracker

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I do have to suggest that you try and find a shelter to get you two new pigs from. As you can see many people feel strongly about this, as do I. Are your pigs female or male? Looking forward to seeing you around. Please post pictures of you piggies as soon as you can!!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. I suggest you find guinea pigs from a shelter instead of buying from a breeder. Please post pictures of your pigs if you can, I would like to see them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.