Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Finally Got My Boys (Pigtures)!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Well I waited over two months and my boys are finally here! I adopted them from Alona on GL who lives freakishly near where I grew up (like not even a mile away). The boys were very good on their first car ride, though it was over an hour and a half. They ate wet lettuce, red peppers and cilantro. They nibbled and played in hay. But the mostly slept under the towel tent I made them in their carrying box. Well now they're home and they seem pretty happy to be out of that box.

First we put Casper in. He immediatly starting running around exploring (though he wants nothing to do with that new-fangled ramp we have in there). He was popcorning and chewing on everything in sight. Seconds later we placed poor Felix in the cage. He was so terrified he didn't move for a good two minutes. When he did finally move he hid in the popcan box maze. Eventually he explored a little bit with his brother and munched on some hay. But soon it was back in the maze for a nap. Casper continued to explore until I finished typing what I just did and now he is in the hidey house napping as well.

So without further ado.... PIGTURES! There is only one of Felix because he's been hiding most of the time.

First the cage, it is Hockey themed:

And Casper when we first put him in the cage:

Vs. Felix in his deer-in-the-headlights position:
(broken link removed)

And Casper munching on pellets:

Casper laying down for a nap (lemme alone mom!):
(broken link removed)

All in all I am finally one proud Piggie Mom!

Last edited:

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Gah! New to Photobucket so I'm just going to post URLs to the crappy pictures. I'll figure it out later, I've got new pigs to watch. :)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Awww they're so cute! Congrats!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Sorry the second post of the pictures didn't work. I'll screw around with photobucket to figure out what's wrong. They're done napping and now they're zooming around. Still no interest in the ramp. But they were kept in a a 2x3 without one up until now, so I figure it will take a while. I have a veggie trail but so far no luck.

laura220

Cavy Slave
Oh! Is Casper a Himi Satin?

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
AAH! I can't see any of the links! Must......see.......pigs......

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Yes he is (don't tell Jenn!) Does anyone know why once I change my photobucket pictures they don't work right one the forum (even after I change and reload the IMG tag from the site?) Grr. I'm so bad at technology.

I'm going to try this again (don't shoot me mods!)

Sorry that they're all screwy. :grumpy:

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
And finally a picture of Felix. Shy little bugger.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
Wow he's really cute! Great cage too.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Thanks. They just recently figured out their hay rack, which they seem to think is awsome. We also hung a wind chime in their cage low enough so that when they do laps they can make noises with it. Well they walked up to it really slowly and tried to sniff it. It jinggled and they both rand away scared witless! It was so cute. A minute later they did it two more times. They can't decide if it's fun or scary.

LilSweety

Cavy Slave
Awww PiggieMom they are adorable! How lucky you and they are!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
What little cuties! You better put the himi pig in full lockdown or Jenn is going to get him! Nice cage. Make sure they can't chew on the wind chime (expecially the strings).

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Good point MBM. I'm pretty sure it's up high enough that they can't reach the strings, but I'll go make sure. Thanks.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
I am so happy that you finially "fit" your name PiggieMom :)

I know you must be so excited to finially have some of your own. I really admire the fact that you have taken your time and learned the proper care of these special animals before taking the step of adopting two of your own. I truly think it is wonderful that you have educated yourself and throughout the time also have been helping to educate others on the issues and topics that you have already learned.

Your pigs are very lucky that such a special person as yourself chose them to become part of your family. I know you will make a great difference in their life and do the right by them. They are truly blessed right now to have you for a mom, but as time goes by you will know in your heart that they are the ones who truly have blessed you.

I wish you the best of luck with your new boys!!!!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Aw Weaver, you made me blush. Thank you for your kind words. I'm just lucky I found this site with I typed Guinea Pigs into Google. Without Cavy Cages I don't think I would have every adopted any animal, then alone know how to take care of a guinea. I had no clue that they needed veggies or hay. I figured you bought them at a petstore, stuck them in one of their cages with some pellets and water and you were good to go! I shudder at the thought now! So thank you to T and the mods and all the great members of this forum (and GL especially Alona who let me adopt her boys!) who made their happy lives with me possible!

My acceptance speach is over. :)

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
*applause*

I'm glad you found this website!

TipiDancer

Cavy Slave
Very nice cage!! It looks cozy!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Oh what fun and I know the house is full of excitement. you know I have been eyeing those real cheap windchimes like at CVS etc. and thought they would be great in the cage.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Congrats. They are so cute. I know Jenn is super jealous of that Himi.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Oooooo! I'm coming up to steal both of your boys. I can build them their own cage. Felix is the other piggie that I'm looking for with the himi, Casper, as my first choice. Where do you live? Hmmm?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.