PDA

View Full Version : Can Harry see through all this hair?

WheekNotOink
05-09-06, 11:18 am
Hi, everyone!
My longhaired Cavy's hair is now very long and grows forward over his face.
Can the little guy see through this, or should I cut it?
I always trim around his back area, and that's not a problem.

He's the guy on the right, which you probably guessed!

Thank you!

http://wheeknotoink.com/haircut.jpg

(I hope I did this picture correctly)

C&K
05-09-06, 12:08 pm
I would cut it. I believe in the breeding world, most people who show andbreed curl it up in a roller so that it is out of their face. Poor piggie! I am sure he will feel much better with a hair cut!

WheekNotOink
05-09-06, 12:13 pm
I rescued Harry about a year ago, and his hair was short, but I could tell it was going to be long. It grew out, but it wasn't until the last month or so that the top started going forward, instead of back.
It does sort of part, but as you can see, when he's leaning down it gets in his way.
Thanks for the reply... time to do some snipping!

SpoiledlilPigs
05-09-06, 05:40 pm
Hey! you stole my baby Nova. The American Crested you have looks identical to mine.

And your pigger with the long hair reminds me of those big furry sheep dogs haha. Both adorable :)

JennG
05-09-06, 06:25 pm
My Mia just got a haircut recently. I usually trim her butt every month and I'll probably keep her fur alittle shorter now that summer is coming real soon. I'm sure the fur gets in the way of not only seeing but eating if it gets too long.

GeorgieLolaLove
05-11-06, 12:29 pm
My Georgie has long hair too, and I cut her hair regularly. I think they are happier with short hair, because it makes it easier for them to run around and look around.
Only people who go to shows with their peruvian cavies, let the hair grow, but I think it's rather sad to keep their hair long, and I think showing cavies is a bit sad anyway. If you cut it, make sure you don't hurt his eyes!:eye-poppi Give him veggies so he will sit still. Good luck!

WheekNotOink
05-11-06, 12:38 pm
Thanks, everyone!
I wasn't sure if there was a natural reason for the hair to be long on these breeds, or if it was just kept long for showing.
He and my longhaired girl piggie will now be sporting new hairdos :)

ScottandDebbie
05-11-06, 12:52 pm
Oscar has very long hair, but I keep it well trimmed, especially around his face so he can really get a good look at his world around him.

The first time I cut his hair I was amazed how large his eyes were.

You certainly have to cute boys. :)

bromers
05-11-06, 01:30 pm
Which way is his head? I think he could do with a haircut.

Susan9608
05-13-06, 10:48 pm
Which way is his head?

Bromers - that made me laugh. I scrolled back up to the picture and realized that you were right. I really couldn't tell which way his head was. Yup, I think hair cut time is here. :)

JennG
05-13-06, 10:57 pm
I didn't realize it either. I guess his head was eating the hay but then again his butt could be pooping in it. LOL