Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK HaY

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Hi. Where does everybody get their hay from? Do you buy it from a pet store, is there a website that sells it...

Merrill

Cavy Slave
Some people get theirs from kmshayloft.com (I think that's the right URL) and other people buy it in bales from local areas. I buy mine from a non-animal selling pet store and my vet's office. It all depends on the resources you have. I get Oxbow Hay by the way, and you can also order it I think. I don't know the URL, although I think it's oxbow.com

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Treen

Cavy Slave
I get mine from a place selling all things horsey - it's so much fresher and sweeter than anything I've found in a pet shop, not to mention so much cheaper. If you have the storage space you can get a huge bale for £5, if not they do it by the slice. I get all my bedding from there too. (I'm very happy now as I've just moved and found a horsey place that delivers too so no more lugging those bales of bedding around - top banana!).

If I want timothy hay, I get it from Bunny Bazaar (broken link removed) - it's so much expensive over here compared to the US, but the pigs do like it as a treat.

LiciaMommycott

Cavy Slave
I have also been scoping out local feed stores for hay as well as bedding. When sold in large quantities for horses, it is much more economical. I can get 2nd cut western timothy for $20 per bale. Where to keep it is my main problem but I can even toss 1/2 of it and still be ahead financially.

cornhill

Cavy Slave
hay

Piglet said:
Hi. Where does everybody get their hay from? Do you buy it from a pet store, is there a website that sells it...
I buy pure timothy hay from a horse farm in Virginia Beach by the bale. Real cheap. I think it was $5.85 ea. I buy the bags of green timothy from the pet stores to put in their feeder hay bins.

scruffytwigg
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.