Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Need help finding a bigger cages

jbingham

Cavy Slave
Hi guys im new here and i need help finding a bigger cage for my piggy this is our first time having one and we love it but he is in a little cage and i feel bad if you know where i can find one for not a lot of money willy ou let me know thank you :love: :love: :love: :love:

jbingham

Cavy Slave
im needing help find a bigger cage will someone help thank you

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
First of all, this is a forum, not a chat room. You need to be a bit patient. It could take hours or even a day or more for someone to read and answer your posts. To answer your question though, if you go to the top of the page and click Home, you will find links to easy directions how to build a large inexpensive cage and where to find the materials.

Secondly, please use proper capitalization and punctuation when posting. It makes the posts much easier to understand the full meaning. If you read the following thread, you will find the full rules for the forum. https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/announcement.php?f=27&a=7

Thanks

bromers

Cavy Slave

Fire Cracker

Cavy Slave
You can build a cage, and personlize it for cheap. The pre-made cages I have found to be expensive and to small try building your own.

jbingham

Cavy Slave
Well you see i live in Magna Utah thank you

janetangel

Cavy Slave
Just last night I went to Target and got cubes called Organize it...in the storage area. For a box that makes 6 cubes I got one for 9.99 in AZ. They were on sale from 14.99. I am going to get one more box to make a two story cage. I got many great ideas from the home page of this site on building a cage. I am driving my husband crazy sending him so many pictures of different ideas to build.
I am going to get coroplast from Fast Signs, sign shop. The rest I will proly get from Target, use some stuff from home and a local pet shop for the smaller accessories.
Goodluck. Your piggie will love a new large home cavy cage style.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
jbingham
Look up sing shops in your yellow pages. You can get a sheet of coroplast for $20 +/-. Then a box of cubes/grids from Target for $14 or less if on sale. So you can make a huge cage for under $40. You can buy a plastic shoe box from the pet store for $40. Directions for a C&C cage are on the homepage of this site.

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
She actually meant "Sign Shops" these are stores that sell stuff to make signs. This entire website's purpose is to help you build a nice big cage and do it really cheap.

It's like a giant version of an Erector Set. It's a lot of fun to do so look at all the links on this website, then look at the "photo galleries" link so that you can be inspired to make the coolest piggie cage ever built.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htm

You can buy your parts a few at a time and the cost doesn't hurt as much as spending it all at once.

Keep working on your typing. Your English grammar and spellling will get better by reading more often. It's how I learned faster than other kids and it's served me well in my life. Folks on most adult aged message boards consider it "rude" to use all lower case, or all upper case letters and to ignore basic puncuation.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Thank you IMS. I hit my keys in the wrong order and since it is a word, spell check didn't catch it.
With all this information here and on another thread, someone should get a new cage soon!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.