Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

talk 2 d sizster

Status
Not open for further replies.
xXx-Siz-xXx
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
Well, I'm stumped as to what that says. Thats what I get for only hanging out at CC, where grammer and punctuation and no chatspeak are the rules.

Pasha's_Mom

Cavy Slave
I believe you mean "That's" and "grammar," yes?

Kriket

Cavy Slave
I'm sure I do, but my post was much easier to read than the one above it, I'm sure you'll agree. Besides that I wasn't being mean, so there was no reason for you to jump in and get all snarky on me.

Pasha's_Mom

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry -- not trying to be snarky. I appreciate the concern about punctuation. It's much easier to understand when we punctuate correctly, I agree.

But perhaps you WERE trying to be a bit sarcastic? The "that's what I get for" seems to me to be a classic introduction for a bit of sarcasm.

Again, not trying to be snarky. I'm simply noting what seems to be sarcasm and irony.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
I wasn't really even that concerned with the punctuation (or lack of), but I really couldnt get the point of that message, since it was done all in chatspeak. I'm sorry as well, that I got defensive and called you snarky, but your message just came across that way, especially since you've never posted anything else on the board. Welcome to cavycages, By the way.
Edit: As far as your edit, I wasn't being sarcastic, I was only stating that since I don't frequent boards where proper speaking is not enforced, I truely could not understand what the original poster was saying.

bromers

Cavy Slave
Kriket there was a point to this, she was just introducing herself to the forum. I am guessing she didn't know about the chatspeak that is why I posted them.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
I was only concerned because of the troll rush we've had recently.

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. However, I personally, have a great deal of understanding chat speak, and on this forum chat speak is not allowed.

Pasha's_Mom

Cavy Slave
Ah, I see. I'll try to be sensitive to that.

(Pasha is a poodle mix.)

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Rather than send private messages to all of you seperately, I'm going to just post this here. We appreciate your concern for other people's posting habits and understand that you want to make the forum as easy as possible for everyone to understand, but I must ask you to leave correcting other members to the Mods and Admin. If you find something that you find objectionable, or something you think we might not have seen, feel free to send any of us a private message, and we will make sure it is addressed.

Pasha's_Mom

Cavy Slave
Huh? Is this directed to me?

Kriket

Cavy Slave
I think it was directed at all of us. Me, for my first comment, you for correcting me, and then anyone else who chimed in. Thank you PM, for being so tactful with your reprimand.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Sorry to be so confusing. I know you all had the best interest at heart, but it's generally easier for only staff to issue corrections. Thanks for understanding.

And welcome to the forum Pasha! Good for you for doing your research before investing your money, time, and heart in a new family member.

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
Sorry Percy Mom's, and I apologise for any offence caused.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
To Pasha and ms_havisham,
I'm going to split your posts off into seperate threads for each of you. If you'd like a different title on your thread, please let me know, and I can edit it for you. This thread needs to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.