Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

my 1st C&C cage

poeticrat

Cavy Slave
Here are some pics of my first C&C cage. I ordered it from Sue's cages, it was so simple to do:) I got the navy blue, 2X4 grids. I added the top with closemaid shelving and zip ties. It has a little bit hanging off on each side but I don't think its that noticeable so I will probably just let it be. I'm going to add some more stuff inside like another bowl so I have one for pellets and one for veggies. And some little toys, like some jingly balls that my rats play with sometimes, chew toys, a box for an extra hide, and maybe a hanging bird toy they can chew on. I have a bird suet feeder in for a hayrack which is not real big. So I will probably add another one or just give them some loose hay in addition to what goes in the hayrack. So what do you think?
my 1st C&C cage

my 1st C&C cage

my 1st C&C cage

Nice job on your cage. I know why is was a hard job its hard choosing which colour and size.

Looking very, very nice. It's fine to have the shelving on top overhang just a little. It gives it more stability that way.

The suet containers in my opinion are far too small for the amount of hay pigs can eat in a day. If you are planning on using shavings, might I recommend a under the shelf hanging basket. You can get them at Wal-Mart for a couple bucks and they hang nicely two different ways on the grids and they hold a lot of hay. They also have large holes in them making it easier for the pigs to get hay out of.

The cage is looking great. I have a metal shower caddy basket that I got from Bed Bath and Beyond that works wonderfully as a hay rack. Pull off the suction cups and use cable ties to attach it. The holes are big and it works in much the same way the basket Ly was referencing does. I have one of those suet holders as well. I will occasionally put a handful of cilantro or strips of lettuce and peppers in it and hang it from the top of the cage. Percy spins it around to play with it and pulls veggies out every few minutes (seconds) to reward himself.

Oh I am adding I would be careful of that wire incase you have a chewer, it looks to tempting to resist.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.