Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Rabbits cage

RabbitLuver1

Cavy Slave
Ok i don't know the exact size cage that my rabbits have but it is the perfect size for 2 rabbits. My dad said he would build me a bigger cage for them and that we would also make a little running area for them outside on the grass. I love my rabbits and I would never ever make there cage out of Cedar. If you don't know what cedar can do to a rabbit go to cage saftey and check out the things edar can do to a rabbit. Another problem making a cage is making sure it is animal proof. Like I said go to cage saftey and learn more from me about rabbits cage safteness in cages.

naturestee

Cavy Slave
Well, it depends on how big your rabbits are. 2x3 grids, preferably with a nice shelf to jump on, is the bare minimum for a small rabbit. Two tiny dwarf rabbits *could* live together in this, but I had two dwarfs in a 2x4 with a 1x4 shelf and that's a much better size for them. I like to give them room to get away from each other in case they get moody. Plus it gives me more room to put toys in!:p

You'll also need to make sure that the rabbits can stand up all the way. I don't know about the larger breeds, but my 5lb dutch could stand up and stretch all the way with a 2 grid high cage. Even with extra levels and shelves and such, you should provide a good chunk of space where the rabbits can stand up all the way and stretch out.

bromers

Cavy Slave
Personally I think the ideal size well the size I would use is a 3x4. That is for 2 rabbits also maybe even a 2nd level browse the cavycages photogalleries the part where it is for other animals and you will get some great idea's

naturestee

Cavy Slave
Isn't three wide hard to clean? Unless you go without a top, and no extra levels.

Bigger is always better. I have two pairs of rabbits, and now they each have a 4x5 pen with a nice long shelf.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Please post threads in the proper forum category. I moved this one to the Rabbits section.

Sammi

Cavy Slave
I have a house rabbit who has a 2x3 cage with a small box for him to jump up onto but as he is well litter trained his cage is left open during the day and he is allowed to run around the 'pet room'.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.