Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pics of my first ever c&c cage !!!

signorina481

Cavy Slave
Ok I think I have finally completed my C&C cage. I am so excited and my new guinea pig Penny loves it so much it makes it worth the HOURS of work put into making everything. I have the pics posted at (broken link removed) under the album Guinea pig and C&C Cage. Just scroll down on the side bar to get to the cage pics. I will be anxious to hear what all you piggie veterans think. :)

Wow, looks like you worked really hard on that! What are the dimensions of it? It looks pretty long - is it 7 x 2 grids? I love the accesories you added, it looks cozy. I'm by now means an expert, but it looks like you worked very hard on it and it looks nice=)

Wow, you've got one really nice cage there! What a spoiled pig!

Thanks, I did. My fingers still havn't recovered from attatching cable ties. Actually it is 1x7. As much as I would have liked to to go 2x7 there just wasn't enough room anywhere in the house for it. Luckily I was able to make it long and she has no problem running and popcorning in it.

I just love it. How creative you are.

Now if I can just teach her the hammock is to go INTO and not just UNDER I will have it made :)

Nice cage; I love your hammock and the cozy.

Holy cow!! That is one great cage!! That puts my first C&C to shame... and actually I'm on my second and it puts my second to shame as well! You're a natural. And by the way the pig is pretty darn cute too.

PS- How do you clean the carpeted area?

I just put the carpet in today so I am gonna have to run some tests on some extra strips to see what would be the best way. I was thinking trying one strip in the washing machine to see if it frays or comes apart and my dad suggested mixing some Dreft detergent with water, spraying it on there, hosing it off and leaving it out to dry. In fact I have seen some cages with carpet strips on the ramps so if anyone out there has suggestions on how they clean their carpet I would love to hear them :)

I have my top carpeted but not with regular carpet. I wanted to use it because I had a bunch of it lying around but I never could figure out a good way to clean it. On my top level I have bathroom rugs with the rubber bottoms, the smallest ones (and they're very cheap). Those I throw in the washing machine and it works great. So you can always try that out if you can't find a good way to clean the other carpet.

That is really nice! I love the colours.

So far today she has made poopie in the litter box upstairs and when she did make pee on the carpet it stayed above like in a bead...don't know exactly how to describe...so I soaked it up easily with some kleenex and put it back in the litter box only when I came back around the corner she was EATING the kleenex so I had to take it out. Next time I will try soaking her litter in it and see if she will get the idea not to pee on the carpet but in the litter box which would make keeping it clean much easier. If not I will definitely go buy some bath rugs because I like the idea of her having an area to lay on that is carpeted in some way.

Love the cage and lots of room to run in. Do you plan on getting your piggy a playmate? Which, your piggy is absolutely adorable!

Well due to a petsmart missexing(I know...)I am waiting to see if she is pregnant or not before getting another piggie. They swore to me they only carry males but I got her checked by a vet and she is a confirmed female. Sometimes she seems pregnant to me and sometimes not. All I know is the suspense is driving me crazy because I am half excited at the thought of babies and half terrified of the risks involved not to mention what to do with the babies. If she has more than one male baby and say I separate them at the three weeks then wait till they are old enough to be neutered would they be able to go back in with their mom(after neutering) or would they fight because it is more than one male to a female? I really can't stand the thought of giving any babies away(assuming she is pregnant) but there is not enough room in this house to build another properly sized cage to separate sexes....I know I might be getting ahead of myself but I like to be prepared.

Aww... I hope she is not pregnant then. But great cage! Mine feels so inadequate now :C

Nie cage well done, But it kind of sucks because only half the pics seemed to load for me so I never got to see all of them.

So cute and cozy! You put a lot of thought into it! I love how you made the upstairs soothing and comfy and the down stairs all fun and play! I bet your beautiful penny has a blast exploring the cage!

Yea she does love it....she drives the dogs nuts running through that thing. My one dog who I swear has doggy OCD has become completely obsessed with her and will chase the other dogs away from her cage. Unfortunately he is waaaaayyy too excitable so I don't let him near her while she is out of the cage for fear he might accidentally hurt her but he throws a fit from the other room. Animals are so funny. :)

I thought I saw a dog in one of the pictures...was it a Jack Russell? We have a Jack mix and it is in theri blood to be obsessed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.