Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Little introduction (bit long I know!!)

Sammi

Cavy Slave
I'm loving this site - I've known about it for years but have never joined the forums so here goes!!

My name is Sammi as you might have guessed and I'm from Scotland.

I have 5 guinea pigs housed in three C&C cages:
Fudge and Honey (mother and daughter)(both female)
Smartie and Truffle (both female)
And Muffin (male)

I started out with one guinea pig - Toffee (male) and since then aquired two females, Chocolate and Fudge (half-sisters). Unfortunetly due to Toffee being an amazing escape artist, both females were impregnated. Chocolate had a litter of four boys (Muffin, Cookie, Crunchie and Buttons) and Fudge had a litter of two girls (Honey and Popcorn.)

Since then I have lost quite a few due to different circumstances and illnesses and recently took Smartie and Truffle from a friend who didn't want them any more.

I also have a rabbit called Peter who also lives inside in a C&C cage (which he frequently jumps over or pulls apart!)

I have a special webspace dedicated to my pets:
(broken link removed)

My current 'projects' are to extend the cages of the two pairs of females to meet the recommended space (they are currently 2x3) and also to add a second layer to all three of my cages. I am also thinking about changing from towels to fleece.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Your pigs are very cute. Have you put a top on your rabbit's cage? That would take care of that problem. Also if you use cable/zip ties for added strength your rabbit shouldn't be able to tear apart the cage. Give it a go.

Welcome to the forum and read and read and learn all you can.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
Cute pictures! Smartie and Truffle seem to be the best of friends.

Welcome to the forum.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! All your piggies are adorable but I especially like Smartie (your all black piggie). Too cute!!

Sammi

Cavy Slave
I've ended up just letting the rabbit out and have run of my 'pet room' during the day. This way he doesn't rip the cage apart during the night. I guess he just wants a bit of freedom. He's well litter trained so it's okay to let him out during the day.

Marlania

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.