Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n My veiw on Vegies

chipinator

Cavy Slave
*please don't kill me for this* I'm not a vegetarian but i don't disrespect it and i totally support it. I have pleanty of friends that are vegetarians *mostly girls, why is that?*

anyway my look on being a vegetarian came when i saw the chifilae sign 'Eat More Chicken' then i remembered the video i saw on here about the life of a broiler chicken and thought about the chickens opinion

so i came up with this in some spare time
*if you look closely you can see little smilies on the vegies*
(broken link removed)

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Cute! I saw those cows on tv. I was watching a cheerleading competition that they were sponsering, so EVERY commercial they were on. lol

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
Aww, that's cute!
I think that more women are vegetarians because in our society meat is considered "manly", for example, the "Real Men Eat Meat" slogan.

chipinator

Cavy Slave
I guess. Most guys I know eat meat, and when i bring a PB&J (peanutbutter and jelly) they say i'm meat deprived.

I lived on PB&J for a week, thank you very much.

bromers

Cavy Slave
Eat more chicken always makes me laugh. The cows know how to go on haha.

existenz

Cavy Slave
I'm kind of regretting joining this forum and supporting through testimonial. I think those rules are pretty ridiculous. I mean it's one thing to not want bad language, etc., but to demand proper english as well as not using LOL. That's pretty ridiculous.

Also, I eat meat and I support someone's right to eat what they want. What I don't like is that animals are mistreated and slaughtered inhumanely. I love my animals and I don't enjoy the fact that animals have to die in nature for any reason. I just don't understand why you guys don't like omnis on this board.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
existenz said:
Also, I eat meat and I support someone's right to eat what they want. What I don't like is that animals are mistreated and slaughtered inhumanely. I love my animals and I don't enjoy the fact that animals have to die in nature for any reason. I just don't understand why you guys don't like omnis on this board.

I am not vegetarian but you do realise you're on a vegetarian forum that is to support vegetarianism? Seriously, what did you think it was supporting?

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I just don't understand why you guys don't like omnis on this board.
No one "likes" or "dislikes" another person on this forum, simply because of what he/she eats or doesn't eat. This is the VEGETARIAN section, where - obviously - the viewpoint leans towards vegetarianism. In this section of the forum, vegetarianism is encouraged and supported. If you are not a vegetarian and have no intention/interest in becoming one, then simply don't come to this section of the forum, and you won't have to worry about anyone "disliking" you for being an omnivore.

I think those rules are pretty ridiculous. I mean it's one thing to not want bad language, etc., but to demand proper english as well as not using LOL. That's pretty ridiculous.
We demand proper English on this forum because it's an international forum; for many of our members, English is their second language. It is far easier for them to understand posts that are written correctly. Some individuals use translation services, and things like " l o l" don't translate well. It's really not that taxing to capitalize proper nouns and the beginning of sentences, and it's really not that difficult to use correct punctuation. What's really ridiculous is complaining about being asked to do so.

I'm kind of regretting joining this forum and supporting through testimonial.
If that's the way you feel, don't let the door hit you on your way out. No one is forcing you to stay here.

existenz

Cavy Slave
I misunderstood. I thought the entire website was vegetarian.

"What's really ridiculous is complaining about being asked to do so."

I disagree, but the line of reasoning for doing so makes sense. I retract my comment.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Essentially, being pro-rescue and pro-animals, the entire forum IS vegetarian. We just generally don't discuss our own food choices as much as the care of our animals. The Vegetarian specific section of the forum gives people who want to take their love for animals to their diet and clothing choices a place to get support and ideas for supplementing those ideals.

existenz

Cavy Slave
I apologize, I misunderstood the forum set-up. I thought the post from the mod was about the entire site.

Again, I apologize, and I retract my comment.

PeruRodent

Cavy Slave
That is very cute!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.