Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where do you get the bowls for pigloos?

wheeker

Cavy Slave
Hi
I was wondering if you could tell me where all of you get your bowls to make pigloos. I went to walmart the other day with my friend to look for stuff for our piggies and there were bowls (perfect size) but they were too shallow.:sad: Well I've been looking for cheap bowls that I can make pigloos out of that arent a crazy price.
Thanks, wheeker

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
You can use a plastic dishpan with a hole cut in it. Not quite the round shape of a pigloo but a good hidey house.

wheeker

Cavy Slave
Do you mean like a square one:confused:?? Or a bowl. Because Im looking for a bowl but a square one might work if thats what you mean.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
If you don't mind ordering online, you can check Critter Store or Ferret Store. There are probably lots of other places online you can look. I'm assuming this is what you're looking for?
(broken link removed)

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
Check out dollar stores. They often have the cheap bowls and other items good for piggy hideouts. Plastic kiddy stools, etc.

JennG

Cavy Slave
I've gotten some at Dollar General/dollar stores. I have several of the small stacking bins. They're just the right side when turned upside down for the girls to get into. I've also bought the pigloos from varies petshops (sorry, before I knew better). I only have one of each size (one small and one large). Another great idea, my girls love their $5 step stool I bought from Walmart.

Trixie-1406

Cavy Slave
My piggy also just LOVES the step stools I have for my 2 year old. They are just square and about 5-6" tall. Even they are open and have 4 ways to get in and out-- he won't me unless I pat his behind or move the stool, also dollar store if you look. I have cut up probably 10 different items around the house but I am having problems finding the correct size for her. Sorry - him- just found out tonight she's a HE.

wheeker

Cavy Slave
I got some "bowls"for my piggies....my mom is a nurse and I used 2 of these blue basin things, I dont want to know what their used for.... in surgery, haha. Anyway I made one of those bunkbed thingys. My piggies :love: it! They went in it, one on top and one on the bottom and they fell asleep right away. It was SO cute.

Maisiepaisie

Cavy Slave
I gave my girls a plastic dog basket turned upside down. You don't need to cut a hole because there's an indent already there. It can fit upto 6 piggies in there and they love it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.