Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Just joined yesterday(apr.19)

shscheerchick

Cavy Slave
Hi:)
I guess I better introduce my piggies. I have 1 grey and white male named Jessi and an albino female named red eye. Red eye is pregent I dont really know how far along she is but she is under 10months of age and this is her second litter:D . Her first litter died because they got trampled by Jessi:weepy: . Im going to be building a C&C cage when we move into our condo up here in the Big Horn Mountains in WY. I would really appriciate it if people would respond to this and tell me about their guinea pig pregencies or their C&C cages:cheerful:
Thanks a bunch

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
First of all, I would like to say I had one of the best experiences of my life at the pass at the top of the Big Horn mountains on or near 80 I think.

Anyway, we very much frown on breeding on this forum.

Before everyone else jumps in here, I'd like to CAUTION our members against attack mode.

Please take a look around the forum for a while...

twinkies

Cavy Slave
My Lily has only had 1 litter and everything went fine. She had 5 pups, but 1 died, he was a lethal. She got very huge, so huge that she hardly moved at the very end of her pregnancy. She took very good care of her pups and the day after she had them, I took Gizzy to get neutered, no more babies!:important I do hope you plan on getting your boy neutered also. For Gizzy, it was a easy surgery for him, no complications at all and it was $60.

Our C&C cage is a 2x5 with a second story of 2x2. It is fleece lined with puppy pads underneath it. I know only have 2 girls, Gizzy passed away last week.:weepy: I absolutely love :love: the C&C cage, and think it is so much easier to clean than their other cage, which was 2 store bought cages put together to make 1 larger one. I didn't know of this site before I bought the cages from Petsmart.:shhh: Now I know better! hehehe

shscheerchick

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the info twinkies:) i really appriciate it. I will be getting my boy neutered so there will be no more babies and so he can stay in the same cage as his "girlfriend":D . I will probably make a cage the same size as yours. one question though, did u have a hard time finding homes for the babies?:confused: I already have 1 home that will take 2 of them(both of the daughters want one), but i dont know what to do if there are more than 2. I might keep one but i wont be able to keep anymore than that.
p.s anyone can write back with an answer.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
You can post on the adoptable section of this site to see if anyone is near you that wants to adopt. Also you can post a classified in petfinder. Please make sure that they are going to go homes and not just any person who is willing to shell out $10 for a disposable pet or wanting to use the babies for snake food. Good luck with the pregnancy and also make sure that any boy babies are seperated from Mom at 3 weeks. Hopefully that is helpful to you.

shscheerchick

Cavy Slave
I think that will be helpful. I always make sure that our pets get put into good homes. i even go and visit the new owners from time to time and make them sign a contract saying that Iam allowed to show up anytime to see how the babies are doing. If they dont sign the contract they dont get a baby

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
shscheerchick said:
I think that will be helpful. I always make sure that our pets get put into good homes. i even go and visit the new owners from time to time and make them sign a contract saying that Iam allowed to show up anytime to see how the babies are doing. If they dont sign the contract they dont get a baby

That is awesome that you do that. Many people just don't care and let the animals go where ever is convenient. Good for you.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome.

I just want to add that if you haven't already you will want to separate your pigs. When she gives birth, he can get her pregnant again within hours. You don't want more babies.

shscheerchick

Cavy Slave
The mom is in a new cage that is bigger than the one they were both in, but as I found out coming to this site the cage I have isnt big enough. I have actually only one garenteed home for one of the babies. The little girl named her(at least I think it is a her) oreo.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Also it takes 3 weeks after a boar is neutered before he should be put with a female. He can still impregnant her.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.