Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Going Vegeterian (Or at least trying to!)

LilSweety

Cavy Slave
I've been thinking about going Vegeterian my whole life, and I'd try to set myself goals like trying to go a week.
Other times i failed, but now that I see (in that video) what they REALLY do to those animals, I've stopped eating meat since.
I refused at the dinner table yesterday manacotti(?), and instead I had a nice salad with texas toast.
I'm not looking for people to come down on me, but to give me support and help me on this.
I've asked my mom to buy me some of the I think, "Boca Burgers" or any fake chicken, or meat. She said ok.
So I'm going to try my best at this, so far I'm refusing meat.
But I have a problem at school, for everyday at lunch they mostly always have a meat meal! But I can get salad. But I want some variety! Not the same old salad everyday, so what should I do bring lunch? (The only thing thats not meat (i think) is their mac n' cheese, which is watery and tastes horrible. (I'm not saying I will eat their meat meals.)
My parents are giving me some support, but I'd also like some from you guys!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Why don't you go with your mom to the store and buy things to make your lunch instead of getting lunch at school? You could make or buy yourself a cool lunch bag, and there are tons of veggie options you could make for lunch. Cheese sandwiches, egg salad, hummus and veggie rollups are all suggestions of things that could be easily made and taken to school.

LilSweety

Cavy Slave
I've always liked PB&J!
My parents watched the video. Dad says "i need my protein" Mom says "It's very sad, I know" Both arent vegetarians.
I'll probably bring PB&J in like a bag or something.
I'm not a big veggie fan so are their any other options?
My dad says I need my protein, what can I get protein from?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
If you're not going vegan (no eggs, dairy, or other animal products), you can have peanut butter, eggs, cheese, beans, whole grains, and a lot of veggies have a good deal of protein as well. I hate to tell you, but if you want to be a vegetarian, you can't survive on meat substitutes and fruit alone. You need to start looking for ways to prepare veggies in ways that you will start to be a "big veggie fan."

LilSweety

Cavy Slave
I'll try... Im already small, and I've been donig a good job gaining weight, I just hope I dont lose any....
And no, I'm not going Vegan. How can I prepare veggies?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Check out this thread. There are a lot of great recipes, some vegan, some vegetarian. It also has a list of links to lots of other sites with vegetarian recipes. You might also want to sit down with your Mom and Dad and see if they have any cookbooks you can look though.
https://guineapigcages.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5788

LilSweety

Cavy Slave
Hhhm, haven't found any recipes that appeal to me yet... but I'll keep looking whenever I get tempted I just tell myself about the poor animals.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
If you REALLY can't bring yourself to eat a wide variety of veggies along with your fruits, beans, grains, etc, make sure you get a good vitamin supplement.

Emmett

Cavy Slave
Make sure you get enough B vitamins. A B complex once a day is a good idea. I've been a vegetarian since 1972 and can tell if I don't get enough vitamin B.

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
I've noticed that your taste changes when you go veggie. i don't know if its just me but I used to really hate anything green and mushrooms. i eat it all now and it tastes good to me.

Emma

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.