Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Urgh Easter

bromers

Cavy Slave
I just thoght I would remind everyone that easter is coming up which means in two weeks 100's of rabbits are going to need new homes.

I find it so depressing how people get bunnys because of easter and then realise they don't want them and get rid of them.

They are not bloody easter eggs you cant have them then get rid of them!

What are your veiws on this holiday?

It's sad. There's a rabbit breeder that sells her animals at a Flea Market near me and she moved herself to the front and brought in more since it's easter time and she gets the most business. Poor bunnies. :(

What's even worse than people getting their kids bunnies for easter? When I was in high school, the mother of an acquaintance of mine bought a white bunny for her youngest daughter for easter and DYED it purple! It eventually washed out, the bunny was fine, and they kept it for the rest of its life, but what planet do you live on where you think dying a rabbit is a good idea?

This time last year recklessness in Scotland resulted in approximately 500 rabbits needing new homes. Do people just not understand that, like many a toy, the rabbits will become boring? Needless to say the pet shops aren't helping by stocking up for the rush.

I just hope they don't come out with a big Disney/Pixar guinea pig movie.

It will be 100 dalmations all over again. When that movie came out, like three people on our block got dalmation puppies. Two of them were deaf, and they all three lasted less than a year with those owners.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
I sometimes go into petstores at the mall with my little sister. The other day I overheard someone standing over the bunny cage saying to his wife "Hey why dont we get the kids a rabbit for easter?" I almost screamed mostly because the kids looked under 3!

I saw so many people buying bunnies today....A woman with her grade school daughter, and a toddler:( They picked out a bunny and bought a crappy tiny cage:(

I picked up the paper the other day and the main front cover article was how rabbits are bad Easter gifts. The article was written by our local House Rabbit Association; it was very good and informed people of the responsibly of rabbits and how to properly care for them. Hopefully it will make less people buy rabbits as Easter gifts.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
What bothers me is going to our local TSC the other day and seeing Baby bunnys that are way to young and just skin and bones - according to one of the employees there - they have sold over 150 since march and over 20 of their customers called complaining that their bunny died.

What is TSC? And it really is horrible I mean if there just skin and bones I would never get a pet like that.

This kind of makes it worse I have found out that the shelter near me has already had 18 rabbits in ALREADY!

TSC is Tractor Supply Company

This whole year has been bad for some reason...my local shelter has had around 15-20 rabbits throughout the entire year, so it will get even worse after today.

Solebomber--why don't you contact your local animal control or humane society and complain about the Tractor supply co.? It sounds like all of the rabbits are very sick.

I have actually seen quite a few poodles dyed completely pink. I think it looks so stupid and tacky...people can be such idiots.

Percy's Mom said:
When I was in high school, the mother of an acquaintance of mine bought a white bunny for her youngest daughter for easter and DYED it purple! It eventually washed out, the bunny was fine, and they kept it for the rest of its life, but what planet do you live on where you think dying a rabbit is a good idea?

I have actually seen quite a few poodles dyed completely pink. I think it looks so stupid and tacky...people can be such idiots.

I was just watching Super Sweet 16 and the girl's party was pink themed and she died her poodles pink. Poor babies.

Solebomber--why don't you contact your local animal control or humane society and complain about the Tractor supply co.? It sounds like all of the rabbits are very sick.[/quote]

I did - theres nothing illegal in what they are doing so there is nothing that can be done by animal control or the Humane society. I don't think the rabbits were sick just way to young to have been taken away from their mom yet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.