Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

anyone selling cuddle cups/cozies?

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
I really want a cuddle cup or cozie for my two guinea pigs but the ones at the petstores are exspensive:eek:hmy: ! Will anyone sell me a cheap cuddle cup or cozie? I live in Austin Texas and if shipping isnt over 5$ I can proabably pay.

Thanks so much:heart: im sure my piggies will love it

twinkies

Cavy Slave
I made one and it came out kinda.:crazy: ..well the piggies don't use it! Gizzy was the only one who layed in it. The are kinda easy to make.

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
Hi Twinkies!!!! lol I cant sew so I cant make one

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Check on ebay?

bromers

Cavy Slave
Ebay is a good place to look if not someone on here made a excellent cozie you could always look for that because they gave you instructions step by step how to make them and then all you have to do is pay for material, whihc isnt that expensive.

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
Cool! But I cant make one becuase I cant sew=(

DaCourt

Cavy Slave
We sell cozies for the rescue, but with shipping and everything it would be around $15. Let me tell you, before I started making them, the only thing I could do was sew on a button. And I was not very good at that. Even if you don't have a sewing machine, you can make one. Here is a very simple way to do it.

Remember, you are not making a formal dress. These are just for your guinea pigs, so they will love it no matter what it looks like.

Take 2 pieces of fleece. (I use one print and one plain.) Figure out what size you want them and then then cut them out. Keep in mind you will have a seem so add a little extra. Lay them on top of each other, with the good sides facing each other. Pin them so they stay in place. Then just start sewing. If you are doing it by hand, don't worry about what kind of stitches you use. Just make them close enough together so it stays together. You can weave in and out, or just go around and around. Sew the entire think up except for about 1.5 inches in the corner. Now, you are going to turn it right side out. Start pulling the fleece through the hole from the inside. When you get it all the way through, make little stiches to sew it up. You are done.

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
Cool!!! Thanks for that. When I learn to sew I will try that but piggy slave told me that she could make me one! (through IM)

Disney Pigs

Cavy Slave
I sew them and they are easy to make and don't cost a fortune. If anyone is interested, feel free to email me and we can talk details.:cheerful:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.