Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Trying but its hard...

catzeye21138

Cavy Slave
I've been recently trying to become a vegitarian but I have discovered it is more difficult than I would have though. And I'm also finding it hard to get protein with veggies b/c I'm not a HUGE veggie eater. (although I'm trying to find new stuff I like) Any suggestions on how I could make this easier for me? I'm also having a very hard time giving up meat in the first place. :guilty:

Susan9608

Cavy Slave

catzeye21138

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the link Susan. =) I'll take a look through the web site.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
It's hard at first, but after about the first week, it gets soooo much easier. I'm not a very big veggie eater either, so I try any new veggie that we have. I also eat a lot of soy "meats" such as Boca and Morningstar products. They are a lot healthier than meat and often have more protein.

catzeye21138

Cavy Slave
I've read through a few pages of that web site you posted and I've decided that on Saturday I'm going to throw out/give away all the meat in this house! You can convince me otherwise if you think thats a bit rash lol. But at the moment I'm thinking it will help me avoid the temtation to eat meat. What do you think? =)

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
That's a great idea. I wish I could have done that, but the rest of my family still eats meat. :yuck: It should help a lot with the cravings.

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
I think that's a good idea! And believe me, it will get easier. Go out and buy some "fake meat" products. I actually find them tastier than real meat. There's a lot you can add to them to make them better! In fact, I don't know if you have a Ruby Tuesday's where you live, but I love going there. They have this burger that has mini portobello mushrooms and swiss cheese on top, and I get that and substitute a veggie patty on it. It's delish! =D Here's a tip I used to use, maybe it will help. Every time you get tempted to eat meat, or miss eating it, just think to yourself, "What's more important, satisfying my taste buds for a few minutes, or innocent animals' lives?" It worked for me! Good luck.

catzeye21138

Cavy Slave
"They have this burger that has mini portobello mushrooms and swiss cheese on top"

P= Mmmm... That sounds good! But sadly there isn't a Ruby Tuesday's in my town lol! I can't wait until I can get rid of the meat lol. I could probably start now but once I get off of here I'm heading out somewhere and I'll be busy on Friday so Saturday will have to do. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.