Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Guinea For Adoption

GuineaGirl

Cavy Slave
I have one Male Guinea Pig named Hamlet that I no longer wish to feed and house. For some reason, he does not like me at all, and will not let me touch him. He has my other Guinea under his command as well, my other Guinea will never set still with him in the room. I have them seperated because Hamlet will not let him alone, and constantly picks fights. Hamlet is not a very nice pig, and I cannot take having to clean his cage without watching my back constantly. If anyone is interested in him Please let me know, otherwise hes going to the pet store or something??
I am located in mid michigan, USA

[email protected]

alessa

Cavy Slave
Oh no.. I hope you don't end up sending him to a pet store... I'm sure you can find someone without resorting to a pet store

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
Try to find a guinea pig rescue to give him to. Petstores are horrible.

lipglossartist
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

LiciaMommycott

Cavy Slave
lipglossartist said:
dont know why you call yourself guinea girl. pretty selective owner it seems like.
You shouldn't really judge without knowing the situation. I had a cat who was a complete bully and we racked up $100's on vet bills for the other cats he constantly beat up. He was a marvelous people cat but we just couldn't keep him for the sake of the other 3 cats. I would have never thought I would give up one of my animals because I always believed that taking on an animal was a committment that needed to be upheld. However, in this situation we had to do what was best for the family and we found him a new home where he was the only cat. I would hate to have people judging me about that decision. Give the girl a break. I'm sure she's not happy about it.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
I wasnt critisizing her. I was critisizing pet stores. I have had to rehome a bully pig myself. I just couldent give him what he needed. Now at his new home he can have all of his needs met. I actually applaud guinea girl for recognizing that her pig needed someone different, that she couldnt provide for his specific needs. Its horrible that some people would put her down for doing what she thought was best for her pig and her family.

LiciaMommycott

Cavy Slave
tashagurl said:
I wasnt critisizing her. I was critisizing pet stores. I have had to rehome a bully pig myself.
I didn't mean you, tashagurl. I was replying to lipglossartist, who called her a selective guinea pig owner.

GuineaGirl

Cavy Slave
lipglossartist said:
dont know why you call yourself guinea girl. pretty selective owner it seems like.
Obviously, you must rather watch your pets suffer to a bully than find a place where it will cause no harm to other pigs. Thank you for not understanding!

lipglossartist
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

GuineaGirl

Cavy Slave
(When you read this, please do not make it into an angry tone in your head, this is simply conversation, not anger, or yelling, and whatnot)
I was not bent out of shape in anyway, I was not suprised at all that someone would be so rude. You were drawing conclusions on something you know nothing about. I do understand that it is my responsibility. I DO have a seperate cage for him, and obviously I took the time to post on here to find a good home for him. I believe that these are truly good people, who care about their pigs, and so do I, and that is why I am trying to get him a better home. If I didnt care, or took no responsibility, I could have let him go in the woods or took him to the store but I am not doing so. Also, I am an experienced owner, who is the daughter of another experienced owner. So don't think for one second that I am one of those little girls that goes to the pet shop and has a fit because they are soooooo cute. Please, this is the internet, it is a big pile of faceless people who use text to get their ideas through to others. I am sorry if my main post seemed a bit out of line and careless, but I care a lot, I just get frustrated that I cannot do anything to make this guinea happy!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.