PDA

View Full Version : Member Names And Accounts

Ly&Pigs
03-22-06, 10:46 pm
LISTEN UP MEMBERS!!!

You are allowed ONE user account only. If you join under whatever name, then stick with that name. If you are having problems with your name or account and can't post, pm or email through the forum or any other problems then private message CavySpirit or one of us moderators for help but DO NOT create another account.

From today on anyone creating another account so they can back themselves up on threads, to troll, to be a whiner, a griper, etc. OR for any reason will receive this prize:

ALL of your member names will be banned without warning and you will NOT be allowed back on the forum ever again.

People who are banned and come back with new names will just keep on getting banned. And just for the record, with the new forum upgrades that T installed, we now same computer checks in addition to having registration ip addresses so it makes people so much easier to find with multiple accounts.

PiggieMom
03-22-06, 10:55 pm
Yey! Lock down on Trolls! Way to go.

Ly&Pigs
03-22-06, 10:59 pm
But it's not just for trolls, it's for anyone who creates and uses more than one member name for any reason. I want to make that clear.

The Magic Taco
03-22-06, 11:27 pm
Excellent idea.
My brother made an account on one of the computers I use, but I don't think he's used it in ages.

Ly&Pigs
03-22-06, 11:36 pm
If you have one computer in the house and you and a sister/brother/mother/father etc. all are sharing it you won't get your accounts deleted. We have a couple of those situations with members who are siblings. But you need to let us know if you are in that situation.

Ly&Pigs
03-28-06, 03:49 am
Bumping this up so everyone can read it.

bromers
03-28-06, 11:52 am
I personally think your right Ly. What is the point in making more then one account. To much confusion and if you really need to make yourself a seperate account just to back yourself up well that's kind of sad.

shscheerchick
04-20-06, 03:41 pm
I agree with bromers. it is really sad when u have to create another account just to do that. this is a great idea. i know that other sites who dont do this have more problems than sites who do this kind of thing.

MyPiggiesRock
06-27-06, 07:09 pm
Excellent, I can not wait to be more involved on this forum. Thanks again.

pamspigparadise
02-22-07, 02:19 pm
Question:
Is this website related in any way to guineapighome.com?
I joined the forum there also but used a different name which I
am trying to change to the same name.
Just wondering - I know theres a link under Classifieds that brings
you to that website.,
Thanks, Pam

VoodooJoint
02-22-07, 02:37 pm
Question:
Is this website related in any way to guineapighome.com?
I joined the forum there also but used a different name which I
am trying to change to the same name.
Just wondering - I know theres a link under Classifieds that brings
you to that website.,
Thanks, Pam
Yes, Both are owned by the same rescuer, CavySpirit.

To change your name on GPH you will have to email the owner/Admin and she should be able to take care of it.

Pymama
02-22-07, 04:01 pm
I used this same name for both forums. Can you belong to both forums or it has to be either or?

Thanks a bunch!

VoodooJoint
02-22-07, 04:31 pm
Yes, you can belong to both forums. We just don't want people having aliases. If you have a name here, don't start another. If you have a name on GPH don't start another one. One name, per forum, per user.:)

Pymama
02-22-07, 05:03 pm
Yes, you can belong to both forums. We just don't want people having aliases. If you have a name here, don't start another. If you have a name on GPH don't start another one. One name, per forum, per user.:)

Ok so Im good!
Its bad enough I cant always remember my password.....on top of that if I had more names and different passwords for each.....I couldnt never get into anything. Id go crazy!:ohmy:

I pretty much use the same name everywhere.....one name is enough for me.

Blue_Meanie
05-01-07, 06:56 pm
Well before i joined this forums, i was looking at other forums to join, but I think this is the best one i have ever been too. Other i see are mostly about health and emergency. D: Boring, but important. But in this forums, you can talk other things. Also, how would you know if someone made multiple accounts? Like the guy can make new e-mail addressess.

VoodooJoint
05-01-07, 08:13 pm
how would you know if someone made multiple accounts? We have our ways to figure things out along with an automated system that alerts us to Alter Egos. It doesn't matter if you create a new email address. We can still tell. Sometimes it takes us a little longer but we catch the rule breaker eventually.

pigsmakemesmile
09-10-07, 07:23 pm
Hello,
I am a newcomer and would like to change my user name now that I understand what usename is. I sent Ly&pigs an email on this, just waiting a response.
Thankyou

kristal
09-23-07, 04:38 pm
I only have one account, and i think my sister has one too.

Skinny Pig
02-22-09, 06:19 pm
I have a question:
If you use your brother's e-mail,(Not of age or something to have a personal e-mail) and he gets an account here, but won't let you on, and you want an account here, would that be like making multiple accounts or would it be an exception?

By the way, this doesn't apply to me, I was just wondering if you guys do make exceptions or not.

Ly&Pigs
03-02-09, 12:38 pm
You must use your own email address that you can get to to verify your account and receive any notifications from the staff.

Two (or more) people in the same household may each have their own accounts BUT you are to alert a moderator beforehand and say, "My brother/sister/mother/father/aunt/uncle/grandma/grandpa would like to also make an account here. We live in the same house".

However, you are NOT allowed to log into each others accounts and post.

MomtoO&O
04-06-09, 04:00 pm
Yey! Lock down on Trolls! Way to go.

Just out of curiosity, what's a troll? I'm new to this.

_Lisa_
04-06-09, 04:07 pm
Just out of curiosity, what's a troll? I'm new to this.

A troll is someone that deliberately starts heated discussions over & over again trying to provoke arguments.

Daisy_Bear03
07-31-14, 07:51 am
Uh yeah my friends do that

Lady Knight
08-04-14, 10:10 pm
I had an account on here maybe a year and a half ago? I'm not sure what name or email address I used. I tried all my usual things but nothing came up, so I hope it's okay I made a new one....

lissie
08-05-14, 02:07 am
I had an account on here maybe a year and a half ago? I'm not sure what name or email address I used. I tried all my usual things but nothing came up, so I hope it's okay I made a new one....

Did you register with your actual birthday? From my search with your birthday, these are the other users with the same birthday.

dudette4life
SweetLilPiggie

If any of these are yours, I will merge your account with the old one.

Lady Knight
08-06-14, 11:53 am
Neither of those are mine.

k_lanham
04-19-15, 02:13 am
I tried to do the introduce yourself thing but I can't post anything new. Only comment on posts

bpatters
04-19-15, 08:04 am
Are you clicking the "Post New Thread" button in the forum you want to post in?

StephsFurries
09-13-15, 07:28 pm
My sister has an account on here when she lived with me. I don't think she's used it in a while but I'm not sure. I just got and account today. Will their be any issues ? I can give you her email and mine. I really don't want to break any rules :)

StephsFurries
09-13-15, 07:32 pm
Have asked her if I can delete her old account so their are no issues and she said yes. I will do that tonight just to make it easier on you guys.

bpatters
09-13-15, 07:41 pm
You can't delete an account. And it's ok for both of you to have one.

StephsFurries
09-13-15, 07:55 pm
OK but I still sent a post to the admin. I wanted to be up front with her

bpatters
09-13-15, 08:16 pm
StephsFurries, I am the admin. For the third time, it's ok that both you and your sister have accounts.

FailedFoster
10-03-15, 10:31 pm
I wanted to let you know that my sister had an account on here under a different e-mail address, but she won't be using it anymore since I'm the only cavy slave left in the family.

bpatters
10-03-15, 10:42 pm
OK, thanks.

CreamCheese
11-25-15, 04:48 pm
This is my opinion and I respect all of yours so please don't kill me.. But I feel like this is really harsh even though I only have one account. Some people might have not read this post and they go to make another account then bam! They're banned for life. I would agree if you let them off with a warning but this is ridiculous and harsh.

lissie
11-25-15, 05:14 pm
We do give them a warning. We even let some go if they weren't causing trouble.

bpatters
11-25-15, 06:28 pm
This is my opinion and I respect all of yours so please don't kill me.. But I feel like this is really harsh even though I only have one account. Some people might have not read this post and they go to make another account then bam! They're banned for life. I would agree if you let them off with a warning but this is ridiculous and harsh.

I think you're responding to a very old policy that hasn't been enforced in the years I've been a moderator or administrator. The only people we've banned for life have been people who have continually broken the rules in some way, or who have opened repeated accounts after having been put on moderated status. No one gets banned just for making a second account. We just PM them and ask which one they want to use, then merge the two.

Whimusbante
02-04-19, 06:55 am
Yes, Both are owned by the same rescuer, CavySpirit.

To change your name on GPH you will have to email the owner/Admin and she should be able to take care of it. https://tirereviews.co

Hi,
I am new here so thank you for your answer. I also had some problems with registering my name, but now I know in case I need smth to change - where to apply.

Whimusbante
02-04-19, 07:09 am
Hi,
I am from NY and find this forum nice.