Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm new to the site and need help with my boys

Disney Pigs

Cavy Slave
I have 5 pigs. 1 girl and 4 boys. They are all neutered. My girl Jasmine and one of my boys Rafiki gets along with everybody. Ron and Pongo are fine with them too to make a happy 4some. Rufus seems to be the problem. He and Pongo seem to have the most problem. They were all living together as a 5some. When Rufus and Pongo get together, it causes Pongo and Ron to start chattering. How do I get these 3 boys to get along again. Rufus can't be happy with the way I have their cage set up. I have Rufus alone in a sectioned off part of the cage. That way they can all see and smell each other just not be able to get at each other. Any suggestions?

twinkies

Cavy Slave
How old are your piggies?

twinkies

Cavy Slave
I have been told that boars will fight with a female in the same cage, even if they are neutered. Maybe someone with more experience can help you. I did have a 2 males and adopted 1 of them away because I already had 1 neutered male and 2 females. Everyone told me it wouldn't work out. Sorry.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum. Check out this page for social life information: https://cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm

Most likely the boys will not get along if there is a girl in the cage. Even though they're neutered, this does not change how they act. They still want to fight over which girl is theirs.

I'm not saying it is impossible for boy pigs to get along when girl pigs are involved, just it's more likely that they won't.\

Anyway, goodluck. I would maybe seperate on sex if bloodshed is a problem.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Everyone is right about males fighting over females, they usually do when housed all together.

Also four males housed with one female is not real good odds. I am surprized your female is not fed up with the males trying to constantly mount her.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
I also wanted to add welcome to the forum :)

Disney Pigs

Cavy Slave
I have one boy who I think would be happier as a pig of one. My girl is just not wanting anyone in her personal space. No one tries to mount her fortunately. It's just Pongo and Rufus who can't seem to get along. Right now, I have 1 girl and 3 boys and all is great!!! I guess I want my cake and eat it too. I want everybody to live as one big happy pig family!!!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
You could put three boys in a big CC cage and leave one boy for Jasmine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.