Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My piggie family of four.

KjerstiMoo

Cavy Slave
It's about time I introduce myself and my piggies.
My name is Kjersti and I live in Norway with Love (my boyfriend) and our little family of piggers.
Love never had any pets when growing up, so he was very skeptical when I decided to buy Monster, our first. But that little oinker won us both over.
When we moved into a bigger apartment, we wanted to get Monster company. And we completely fell in love with the teddy Lilo. I've had some bad experiences with placing a young male with an older boar before, so Lilo being a girl was really just perfect, even though it meant snip-snip for Monster. Poor guy, that's a vet visit no male wants to do :D

Not long after, we discovered that Lilo was expecting. The pet store had mis-sexed her and after a month we suddenly had six guinea pigs! Two of them we adopted away to family (together, so that they wouldn't be lonely) and two we kept. Tresko and Pinky.

Then came the whole process of building them a cage. Coroplast isn't widely available in Norway, so I had to order it from godknowswhere and get it shipped. The cubes were also a toughie. Sweden proved to be the answer. And that's how they got their 4x3 c&c cage.

Lilo is the boss. Undisputed. She's the largest and the hog'iest. She'll hog the biggest piece of lettuce and hide it in one of the houses while going back for more.
Monster is desperately trying to maintain his male status, with Pinky as his favorite hareem girl, but generally he's sweet natured and the only pig who won't wiggle when I pick him up. He also has a great dim stare which is hilarious.
Tresko is the bravest. She's the first to run over to the grub and she's not very shy of strangers. She also has a mohawk all the way down her back, as does her sister Pinky. Both of them have their fur growing towards their heads instead of their bums, so you have to pet them "backwards".
Pinky is the cheeky one. Pinky will pick a fight with anyone. I don't think she's settled with being the lowest in rank, but she's still a sweetie.

Finally, photo! This is our family photo, taken at a photo studio. Yes, we are nuts. BTW, the thing is even larger, it has a large black wooden frame, it just wouldn't fit into the whole photo :cheerful:

From the top left to right: Monster with parsley, Pinky with parsley, all of them forming a paw print, Love and I with piggies, then Lilo and at the bottom right, Tresko grinning.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I guess you have learned from experience why pet stores are not recommended.

I love your photos.

EDIT: Your Monster looks just like my Maverick!

101_1156.jpg

Last edited:

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Aww I love your photos. That is so cool.

csharpmajor

Cavy Slave
They're all beautiful! And the photos are very well done. *pokes the grinning Tresko* I think it's really sweet of you to have family pictures taken with your piggies :3

KjerstiMoo

Cavy Slave
The photographers loved them! They'd had dogs and cats there before, but never a pack of piggies. They told us they usually shoot about 50 - 80 photos (digitally) in a session, with us they did 200! And so many of them turned out absolutely amazing. It was so hard to choose from all the wonderful shots, trust me. That's why we chose the collage-version. AND we had the coolest christmas card a piggie lover probably can send off.
From left to right: Monster, Pinky, Tresko and Lilo.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I would love to see more!

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Oh wow, those photos are so amazing!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
That's really neat. Your pigs are so photogenic!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Your pigs are so cute and photogenic. Those are some really good pictures.

JennG

Cavy Slave
OMG-That is so adorable! Those photos are so great. I don't think my girls would sit that pretty to take such a great pic. Welcome to the forum.

dextersmycutegp

Cavy Slave
I love it!!! that's SOOOO cool *squeaks happily*

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
They are very cute! That is really cool, I want to go to a professional!

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Excellent pictures! Welcome to the forum :)

csharpmajor

Cavy Slave
Haha! Parsley thief lol

KjerstiMoo

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately I don't have more of the professional photos, we paid too much money to get what we got already. But because photos are so much fun, I dug up some more for you.

Here's Lilo

And Monster

Another one of Monster. I love how the fur around his mouth has white tips.

This is Pinky and me caught on web cam. Here you can really see her markings. She's not completely white.

Tresko also made an appearance on web cam:

KjerstiMoo

Cavy Slave
And last, but not least: one seriously cute baby photo. Because we've had Tresko and Pinky since they were born, we also got the joy of seeing so tiny they could both fit in one of my hands.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Awww... I love Pinky.

KjerstiMoo

Cavy Slave
Hehe I love Pinky too! And the rest of the bunch of course. Pinky is mum's favorite. She calls Pinky her favorite "grand child".

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
I think I've looked at this post about 10 times. I LOVE all the pictures. I told my boyfriend we're going to have to get photos of our "family" like that too!

You have really beautiful piggies :).

KjerstiMoo

Cavy Slave
nonamian_girl said:
I think I've looked at this post about 10 times. I LOVE all the pictures. I told my boyfriend we're going to have to get photos of our "family" like that too!

You have really beautiful piggies :).

Thank you :D
It was a lot of fun having that done, and I'm really proud of the result. And of course our piggies are beautiful, I think all piggies are. There's something about their beany shape and the funny-looking snout and the mickey mouse ears.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.