Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Roll up the rim.

wigglypiggly

Cavy Slave
I thought id make a fun post and ask , if anyone's won roll up the rim how mnay times and what did u win. I am hopeing that i win this year. Last year i had 16 cups and didnt win once. This year ive only had 5 havent won yet but hopefully i will. My dad got lucky he had a double double and, won decided to get another double double but this time a medium and he won again.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Three years ago, in high school, I had a friend who worked at Timmy's and would steal cups for us. We "won" a lot of stuff, then made Timmy's tea and cappuccinos using a kettle we hid in a locker. It was good times. Generally I don't really bother buying stuff like coffee though.

Did you hear about those kids who found a cup someone threw out and it was a car?

I'm thinking about playing the Sick Kids Lottery.

wigglypiggly

Cavy Slave
That's funny , sounds like you had a good time in highschool. Yeah i heard about it it was like in saskatewan and it was a 12 year old who found it. Her parents wouldnt let her acept it or something. I think it would be neat to play sick kids. It's a really great hospitial seeing how i was a patient.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Yea I think the problem is a 10 year old found it and a 12 year old rolled it up and now they can't decide who gets to keep it. Naturally the person who threw it out is really kicking themselves :p.

Oh really? I've actually been lucky enough to have never been a hospital patient.

wigglypiggly

Cavy Slave
Thats a real sticky situation for figuring out who get's it. Im sure that person is really kicking themselfs. Your lucky well it's in a way fun to be a hospitial patient on good days but 99% of the time its not alot of fun.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
I can imagine. It doesn't help that I have a huge problem with doctors. I just don't trust medicine, but I guess that's because I've never really needed it.

wigglypiggly

Cavy Slave
Oh that's understandable.

C&K

Cavy Slave
I have won nothing! The first couple years of roll up the rim where good, then they got stingy with the prizes, and I have really stopped playing. I doubt it even really helps sales anymore!

I heard that the 12 year olds parents where suing the 10 year olds family, but Tim Hortons said that the 10 year old gets the prize because she found the cup. A guy came forward to say he threw out the cup and wanted a DNA test to prove it was his, but Tim Hortons said he forfeited when he threw it out, so now he was suing!

Makes my head hurt.

We usually play the Princess Margaret Home Lottery, but did not this year because we had to buy a new car! My husband is so sad.

I had to have eye surgery at 2 years old. My arms set under anaesthesia at 10, then my tonsils out at 16, three kids, luckily no surgery required, but still hospital stays. My youngest son had to spend a few days in the hospital right after he was discharged at 2 days old. (lost a pound overnight), and I have to go back for eye surgery sometime next year.

That does not even count all the trips to emergency for stitches, concussions and dehydration I have had to run with the kids!

I love the Canadian health system!

C&K

Cavy Slave
I can imagine. It doesn't help that I have a huge problem with doctors. I just don't trust medicine, but I guess that's because I've never really needed it.

I don't want to sound really grim, but I think you need to work on that. My father did not trust doctors either, he died when I was 18, he was 47 from kidney cancer. It was very treatable, and before he got ill he was very healthy and young, but he ignored the early warning signs and only sought treatment when it was to late.

I remember talking to him before he died, where he said "people my age, really do not think that anything doctors do can really help, so we just ignore things as long as we possibly can, if I only knew what could have been done, I would have gone in much much sooner, but I just did not know". He was a very professional CGA and vice president for many large companies. Not a typical ignorant man, just suffered from irrational fears of doctors.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
I figure I'll work on it when I have to :p. I just find it hard to find doctors that care, but I know if I ever need to I'll have to suck it up. Meanwhile I will do everything in my power, short of regular exercise, to never need it.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I tried rolling up the rim and could not get it to go up! The drink was making it all slimy.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
You use your teeth silly!

wigglypiggly

Cavy Slave

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
My neighbour won a beautiful mountain bike by rolling up the rim.

Amber23

Cavy Slave
What exactly is Rolling up the rim? Ive never heard of it before?

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Tim Horton's contest.

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
When you buy a coffee at Tim Horton's you can roll up the rim of the coffee cup. After it has been rolled, it will tell you if you have won anything, from free coffee to a new car.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
They were doing an advertisment for the contest at Joe Louis Arena (Detroit Red Wings game). They drove out a Toyota onto the ice and everyone started booing since it was a foreign car.

Amber23

Cavy Slave
Oh, I see. Thanks. :D

C&K

Cavy Slave
I wonder if they put more prizes out in the US then in Canada this year. The contest became a big deal because you almost always won, and the potential for big prizes was very attractive. Over the years though, that has changed to you almost never win, yet everyone still gets all excited off the memories of previous years "winnings".

Do I sound bitter?:p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.