Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Note to Self: Stay AWAY...

kimgrif

Cavy Slave
...from the Adoptables Forum. Self, you may find a picture of a piggie you find too irresistable and end up with three piggies instead of two.

:D

We adopted one of the baby sows from CaliforniaGirl and her family today. Meet Cookie:

Since we already have an Oreo and a Tootsie (as in roll), we decided to stay within the realm of "food" names, and Cookie does resemble a sandwich cookie with cream filling. LOL

It appears that Cookie is an abby, although you cannot see her whorls in this picture. Is there anything in particular, care wise, that I should be aware of for an abby? Both Oreo and Tootsie are smooth coated.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Very, very cute. I love all your names. I have a few abbys and they don't need any additional grooming. I usually brush everyone at least once a week or every few days. Congrats!!

aqh88

Cavy Slave
Food names always work for guinea pigs. That's why we have Cinnamon, Pistachio, Licorice, Rolo, Snickers, Toffee, and Peppermint. I suppose Maple could be considered food too depending how it's used. Poor Orbit is left out. His name came from an argument over whether to call him Bandit or Oreo.

I ran out of space to put cages so I don't have to worry now. Even if I go in the adoptables forum it only means I'll spend 2-3days measuring every inch of the apartment again before returning to sanity.

Carissa

Cavy Slave
She is so beautiful. :)

SandyF

Cavy Slave
Really cute! I like the name, too. Could she be an Aby mix? I'm trying to remember what our two Abys looked like when they were babies, and I'm almost sure you could see the rosettes. Maybe I'm wrong.

At any rate, congrats!

kimgrif

Cavy Slave
SandyF said:
...and I'm almost sure you could see the rosettes.

Oh, she definitely HAS the rosettes/whorls, you just can't see them in this picture as they're in the black fur, and the most prominent one is probably on the side closest to my body.

I'll try to get a better picture of her when she settles down a little bit. She's still so very much a baby and so skittish that I don't want to set her down outside of her cage to get a picture.

Macayle
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

kimgrif

Cavy Slave
Macayle said:
Awwww she is a cutie.:D

Yep, and I'm SURE it's due to the loving care she's had up until we adopted her! :)

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
aqh88 said:
Poor Orbit is left out.

Orbit is a type of gum! So he's not left out.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
What a cutie.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Congrats! She is adorable.

munchkin

Cavy Slave
Oh, she is adorable. I can't stand it. I just love aby's. I have one boy who is just covered in rossettes. It looks like he is having a perpetual bad hair day.

PinkGrass

Cavy Slave
She is very adroable! She almost looks like my aby, Meatball.. but his food name isn't as appealing as Cookie. *laughs*

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.