Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Please help my Sydney guinea pigs!

cossmia

Cavy Slave
The most awefull thing has happened to my poor little guinea pigs! I've reciently broken up with my boyfriend and I'm moving back to Brisbane.

The bad part is that I can not take them with me :weepy: :weepy:

I live in Darlinghurst Sydney and becaue of a lack of Car I can't drive to far to give them to anyone.

If it helps, I've got two cages (not anything fancy, just store brought ones) with of course water bottles, guiniea cubbies, dishes, food and bacically everything you need to keep them.

They are two males. A black and white one named nibbles and a white one named Albert.

Can anyone please help me by tuesday night?! Here are two pics of my guinea pigs and one of the cages.
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Hi there,

If worse comes to worse, we run a guinea pig rescue here in Brisbane/QLD and a prety strict policy on adoption and if you are unable to find suitable homes for your boys I believe it only costs $10-$20 to bring guinea pigs on a flight with you ( I've had some flown with someone once before ) and yeah we'd be willing to take them in no problems if it comes down to it as we've just had alot of piggies adopted out so have a tad more space. I'll put our link below just incase you are interested.
(broken link removed)
The cage you have your boys in I'd actually say the airlines would accept it
as a carry cage if it had thick tape taped around it to make 100% sure it was secure. They usually " tape " cages at the airport if you needed a carry cage that is.

Anyhow just a thought. I hope though that you're able to rehome your boys down there in sydney though. The RSPCA also takes on guinea pigs although I don't know much about the rspca down there you'd have to give them a call.

*~jess~*

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
You know you could always fly them up with you if you wanted to keep them...? It's pretty cheap to fly pigs if they accompany a person.

*~jess~*

cossmia

Cavy Slave
I can't keep them with the new house :(

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
Hi cossmia,

Im so sorry for the situation your in. Is it your rent agreement is that why you can no longer keep them in your new house? Can a family member or friend keep them?

There is a sydney cavy rescue here at sutherland. Any chance you could surrender them to the rescue? Here is their website: (broken link removed)

Contact page: (broken link removed)

Maybe the rescue could arrange a pick up or get you into contact with someone who can take them. Contact the rescue and im sure they will be happy to help.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.