Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

It's official! I am adopting again!!!!

nikilovesdogs

Cavy Slave
This Sunday, I'm going to pick up Tweety and Lemondrop from Texas Rustlers!!!!! I'll be a guinea pig mommy again!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tearsofjo

I want to thank so many of you who have been through everything with me! Thank you for being there, for listening, for not being accusatory, for helping me make some good out of this tragedy. Thank you for being you!!!!

I will post pigtures ASAP on Sunday afternoon! I promise! I could not be happier if you told me I won the lottery.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Congrats Niki! I am so excited for you. I am so glad some more needy piggers can have a great home.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Yay, I can't wait for pics!

BTW, congrats on the new house!

nikilovesdogs

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much! It's actually a townhome. I'll be moving June 16th. Until then, my piggers will be safely in my bedroom. When I move, they will have their own room! I'm sure that with all that extra space, I'll be getting even more piggers in June/July! Yippee!!!! I know that 4 is my max, but I had planned on adopting four initially, so I'll take my time and do this right by my cavies - keeping them safe and happy.

twinkies

Cavy Slave
Congrats Niki! Your piggers are lucky to be getting such a great piggy mom.❤️ Good luck on Sunday and can't wait to see the pigtures. And also, congrats on the new home.

PinkGrass

Cavy Slave
Yey! Congrats, Niki. ^-^ Can't wait to see the new ones.

Emmett

Cavy Slave
Good for you and congratulations. The 2 piggies are very lucky.

Also the only thing you can be accused of is not being psychic.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Yey! That's awsome new Niki. I can't wait to see pigtures.

CapuPebbles

Cavy Slave
I'm so happy for you Niki! Congrats!!!!!!!!!❤️

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Niki I am so happy for you and can not wait to see pictures of your new boys! I was just wonndering the other day if you ended up going and getting them yet and if I had missed that thread somewhere along the way. :)

I can only imagine how much better you will feel when you have your empty cage full again. I still have the same cage setup with Oreo's cage attached to the others. I cleaned it all out and now it is just empty coroplast. Everytime I go in there I can not help but feel the emptiness of the bright white coroplast staring me in the face. I have thought about re-making the cage with the fleece to tone it down a little, or maybe reconfiguring the cage another way. Hubby thinks it would help to get two more boys and put them in there and build a hayloft on the top, he says that is what Oreo would want me to do. I just don't know. . .

nikilovesdogs

Cavy Slave
WEAVER said:
he says that is what Oreo would want me to do. I just don't know. . .

I think your hubby is onto something. You have the cage space. You definitely have the heart. Think about it, but I think if you have the ability, you should adopt another homeless pigger!

Weaver, thanks so much. It seems like although our bond is out of losing our beloved boys at the same time, our friendship will get to last through so many more happy times as well. PM or email me if you ever need to talk.

LBKK

Cavy Slave
WEAVER said:
Niki I am so happy for you and can not wait to see pictures of your new boys! I was just wonndering the other day if you ended up going and getting them yet and if I had missed that thread somewhere along the way. :)

I can only imagine how much better you will feel when you have your empty cage full again. I still have the same cage setup with Oreo's cage attached to the others. I cleaned it all out and now it is just empty coroplast. Everytime I go in there I can not help but feel the emptiness of the bright white coroplast staring me in the face. I have thought about re-making the cage with the fleece to tone it down a little, or maybe reconfiguring the cage another way. Hubby thinks it would help to get two more boys and put them in there and build a hayloft on the top, he says that is what Oreo would want me to do. I just don't know. . .

I think (and I rarely say a man is right!) but I think your hubby is right. You'll drive yourself crazy looking at the empty space, reminding you that Oreo is no longer there. I think if you can use Oreo's space to home some piggies in need, it will give them a great home and life and give you some new happy memories. You are a great piggie mommy and I know it's hard to remove the last reminder of Oreo, but he's still in your heart and always will be. You need to remember the good times with Oreo and the love you have for him, not remind yourself he's no longer there. My thoughts are with you Weaver. **big hugs to you**

Laura.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Niki thank you so much for your kind words. :hug: You also have become such a good friend and listener. I am so happy you have stuck with the forum, grown strength and knowledge and now you are ready to have a new beginning. Your boys are going to be so lucky to have you as a mom and I can not wait to start sharing happier stories and times.

pink_cottonball

Cavy Slave
YAY!!! You nmust be sooo happy! I can't imagine having to look at Charlie and Moe's cage empty! I hate seeing it without them when they are at their pigsitters when we go on vacation! Congrats! Pigtures soon!

JennG

Cavy Slave
I'm so happy for you! We can't wait to see pigtures.

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
Congrats! Can't wait to see pigtures!

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
Congrats, I want pics as soon as they come home!

ScottandDebbie

Cavy Champion
Cavy Slave
Niki, I am so happy for you.
And happy for Tweety and Lemondrop.
They are lucky piggers, cause they are going to have *you* as their mummy.

Congratulations!!!!

I'll be looking forward to those pictures.

Harleigh

Cavy Slave
I am glad you are able to open your heart again. They will be the blessing you need, returning what you are giving them.

Lorvoll

Cavy Slave
Niki, I'm so happy and excited for you. Sunday can't come soon enough!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.