PDA

View Full Version : Lollies

Mp_rule
03-23-06, 03:26 am
Do you hate that you can't eat most lo lies because of geletain? What other things contain meat products that most people wouldn't think of? What alternatives do you use?

I'm asking these for my two friends who are vegetarians. They are having trouble with lo lie substitues.

Sec

Slap Maxwell
03-23-06, 06:54 am
Some other things are...

Yogurt
Apple juice
Pop Tarts
Fluff +
All marshmallow products
Jello
Pudding
Cream cheese
Margarine
Gummy bears
Ice cream

Sabriel
03-23-06, 08:44 am
Yogurt, Apple Juice, Cream Cheese, Margerine and Ice Cream are all maybes. I have found many of products you can eat some brands of. You just have to read the labels.

Cheese is another maybe food. Some has rennet, some doesn't.

Slap Maxwell
03-23-06, 08:47 am
Oh, definitely, most there are maybes. There is gelatin free Pop-Tarts and Pudding, too.

bromers
03-23-06, 01:38 pm
Some other things are...
Yogurt
Apple juice
Pop Tarts
Fluff +
All marshmallow products
Jello
Pudding
Cream cheese
Margarine
Gummy bears
Ice cream

Im not sure to hate you or thank you right now. I have been eating all these things for years not realising it. I don't read lables thats why.

TheQueen
03-23-06, 04:10 pm
But how do you know? I mean, read the labels, obviously, but is it just all the foods containing gelatin? Or does the label have to specifically say "-insert meat product-" on it to contain animal/meat products? I've been confused about this for awhile, so I've avoided all gelatin-containing foods...thanks.

Martina
03-24-06, 01:55 am
You can make your own lo lies, there are good recipies.

But obviously read the labels if you are buying something, even if it says vegetarian or vegan I still read the labels because some so called veggies eat things that are not veggie. I don't eat anything with "Natural Flavors" either because that can mean anything. If there is something and you don't know what the word means, have never heard of it before, or don't know if it is of animal orgin then don't buy it.

Tatalp
03-26-06, 10:12 am
Some lollies are gelatin free, just check. For example, I'm pretty sure Dum Dums are gelatin free.

Faunn
04-11-06, 03:00 pm
But obviously read the labels if you are buying something, even if it says vegetarian or vegan I still read the labels because some so called veggies eat things that are not veggie. I don't eat anything with "Natural Flavors" either because that can mean anything. If there is something and you don't know what the word means, have never heard of it before, or don't know if it is of animal orgin then don't buy it.
That's true. And to conteract that, I've been writing down unknown ingrediantes (sp?) and looking them up.

charliesangel88
04-11-06, 04:35 pm
Apple Juice???? :eek: :eek: What is in it that makes it on the "no-no" list?

xxx