Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Watch this....this is for your own good..think about it..

wigglypiggly

Cavy Slave
I saw that video . My sister saw it to its a sad video. After my sister saw it she decided to become a vegan.

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
Becoming a vegetarian is a good thing.I am glad it affected somebody!!!!!

wigglypiggly

Cavy Slave
She did more then becoming a vegetarian she became a vegan. Which means she doesnt eat anything that comes / came from an animal ex: milk , glutose , pasta. I saw it and i became a vegetarian for a day it is really sad i agree. If i could i would become a vegetarian full time but with my health im not able to. I eat a vegetarian meal once or twice a week. :)
Are you a vegetarian ?

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
I am now.After i saw that video...it changed me for life.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
wigglypiggly said:
glutose ,
Maybe I'm missing something, but what is "glutose"?

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Do you mean glucose? That's not an animal product, if that's what you mean. Glucose is sugar.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
That's what I was thinking WP meant, but maybe another animal byproduct was meant instead?

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Maybe she meant geletin?

wigglypiggly

Cavy Slave
Yes sorry that is what i mean geletin. Sorry about that i get those two confused sometimes.

SandyF

Cavy Slave
I can't load the video (AOL dial-up, ugh), but if it's anything like the PETA videos I've seen, it's very disturbing stuff. The problem I've run into on most forums, is that you can't change the minds of people who eat meat. They're so convinced that our bodies need dead animal flesh ("look at what the caveman ate") that they refuse to consider other alternatives. I've been in very heated discussions with people on this, and I've yet to change a single mindset.

But thanks for posting this nonetheless. If even one person starts to think about what they're really eating when they swallow a "pork chop" or a "steak," that's one more person who might later help change the world for the better.

wigglypiggly

Cavy Slave
It's exactly like the peta video's . It's hard to change people's minds on becomming something else. Espically when i mean your brought up and raised to eat meat ( well most of the population yes ). I was brought up that way and i decided two years ago that i was going to stop eating pork. My brother always teases me and stuff and tries and gets me to eat it but i have my reasons. One of them is that pigs are the closest things to the human body ont he inside . So from that information that i leanred i think of it as if i were to eat a big its kind of like eating another human like being a canibal. Its just my opoion thought thats all.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
It's exactly like a PETA video because it is a PETA video. www.goveg.com is a part of their website. :)

Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

nikilovesdogs

Cavy Slave
Faunn said:
Thats why I'm going to fix up a chicken coop and buy some of my own. Its cheaper and much more humane.
:eek:

Oh, my goodness. Please, tell me that you are kidding. You simply CANNOT be coming onto a vegetarian forum and intentionally mentioning that you are going to raise and slaughter your own chickens. Are you? Oh, I hope I misread that.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
Thats how I took that niki.

bromers

Cavy Slave
Thats why I'm going to fix up a chicken coop and buy some of my own. Its cheaper and much more humane.
Well it's not better it I mean you are still ending the lives of animals to fill yourself. This is vegetatian part for a reason, it may cause the chickens less pain but you are still killing them.

CavySavvy?

Cavy Slave
nikilovesdogs said:
:eek:

Oh, my goodness. Please, tell me that you are kidding. You simply CANNOT be coming onto a vegetarian forum and intentionally mentioning that you are going to raise and slaughter your own chickens. Are you? Oh, I hope I misread that.

I am not a vegetarian, but I am against the way that many animals are treated before they are used for food. I think that by raising/keeping the chickens yourself, you would actually be doing a good thing. They will live a cruel-free life untill its...ummm...their time. I am hoping that maybe by reading some stuff on this forum, I may be able to become a vegetarian, but for now I like my meat to much :sick:.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
Well then. I'm not a vegitarian, and I can see a buttload of stuff wrong with that post. It's inhumane to kill animals any way you look at it, but how is it better to kill them yourself? You have to gain their trust before killing them if you don't want to scare them out of their wits right before you catch them to kill them, so your killing something that trusts you. Or you can scare them half to death before you actually kill them, which I see as inhumane as well. I don't see killing them yourself as better, it's all the same in the end.

CavySavvy?

Cavy Slave
I am not trying to start an arguement here. :( I was just stating my opinion. I personally would rather see a chicken raised happily and killed, rather than tortured and killed. Of course it would be better if they didn't have to be killed, but for now people are still going to eat meat, and its better for the chicken to have enjoyed life. Yes, both ways the chicken will die, but one way the chicken lived a good life untill it ended, whereas one you couldn't even say that it lived.

~ Savvy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.