Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My friends poor bunnies, HELP!!

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
Okay so my friend has two rabbits and they are in really small cages. Their cages are half the size of my old petstore cage for my guinea pigs.:sad: I told her that she could make a bigger one thats cheap or her dad could make one for them but she didnt ask. I dont think she knows how bad there cage really is and she doesnt take the responsibility most of the time to clean the cages.:guilty: Help what should I do I mean shes my best friend. The rabbits seem to be healthy but I feel sorry for them they can bearly move in thier small cages.

C&K

Cavy Slave
I am rather certain that they are not healthy at all. They need room to stretch out probably more then a guinea pig does. If she is not cleaning the cages, they are at risk for disease. I would suggest calling your local SPCA and finding out in their mind what the minimum requirements are for keeping a rabbit. Also get information from the Rabbit house society (google it). Share this info with her, and if indeed, it does not meet SPCA standard, turn her in for animal cruelty.

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
Why don't you offer to help her build cages for the rabbits? I would also stress to her the importance of keeping the cages clean and letting the rabbits out for exercise.

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
Yeah I talked about helping her build a c&c cage and how easy it is and she lets them out for exercise

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.