Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Lola's Gone!!

JennG

Cavy Slave
I went down last night to feed the girls and noticed that Lola wasn't acting right. I put her in the quarantine cage and hand fed her some pedialyte, pellet mush and baby food.

This morning I went to give morning veggies and her breathing was bad. I had to go to work for a bit and was trying to get her into the vet to see her today. While I was on the line with the vet, my hubby called to let me know that the kids found her dead.

I feel horrible. I came home and got her body. Unsure of what to do, I called a friend of mine who's rabbit passed a few months ago to get an idea. She let me bury Lola in her yard next to her rabbit. (We rent and I couldn't bear to leave her here when we move.)

I don't know what else can go wrong!! This is the first time I was able to get to work and see some of the devastation left behind from the tornados. My ring broke earlier on Friday. My car's still stranded 3hrs from here and now Lola.

I feel horrible! Just absolutely horrible! I wish I could've done something for her. My son feels responsible because she's the one he stepped on earlier this year and blames himself. I told him it had nothing to do with that and its not his fault. But I do blame myself.

I just feel horrible!!! No more piggies for me. This is way toooooooo hard.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry. You know where I am if you need to talk.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Oh Jenn, I am so sorry to hear about Lola. You did everything you could for her.

C&K

Cavy Slave
I am sorry to hear of Lola's passing. Really it is not a thing that there are words to express. I am sure she had the best of everything with you and was very happy. One thing I have heard of people doing when they loose a loved pet is to bury it in a very large pot. Then you can also bury the pot part way too, but it is easy when the time is right, to bring them with you.

Bad luck comes in 3's, you are due for good things!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
You're one of the most loving caring piggy mommies I know Jenn. Don't be hard on yourself. You've honestly done everything right and more than a lot of people would have thought to do. Give Jordan a big hug for me and feel free to vent anytime you need to, either here or in private. You know where to find us.

Hansel

Cavy Slave
Im sorry Jenn. Youve been through a lot recently, sending good thoughts to you :)

bromers

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry Jenn but don't blame yourself and tell your not to blame himself.
Im sure something good will happen soon.

Marlania

Cavy Slave
So sorry, Jenn. Run free, Lola.

Giplet

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry, I can't beleive this has happened to you, as if you haven't been through enough. It might be a good idea for you, to write down somewhere everything about Lola, her little personality traits, her big personality traits, her habits, any happy memories. That is what helped me when Nala passed.

Stay strong Jenn.
Rest in peace Lola Fiona Capone.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Please try not to blame yourself Jenn you did everything you could. Run free, Lola.

twinkies

Cavy Slave
:hug: Hugs to ya Jenn. I am so sorry about Lola. Rest in peace sweet Lola.
Just know you ware the best piggy mom. We all are here for you.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear about Lola. You took such good care of her when she was not doing well recently. Guinea pigs are just such fragile animals and sometimes they don't give much warning. You did nothing but great things for her, you are a wonderful pig mom. Time will help with all the sadness. I'm so sorry.

Lorvoll

Cavy Slave
Jenn, I'm so sorry for your loss....

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig died yesterday so I know how you feel. Hope you feel better soon

nikilovesdogs

Cavy Slave
:weepy: - I don't even have the words...

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Jenn I do not even know what to say. I know you love all your piggies very much and this has to be hard on you. Try and remain strong, know in your heart you are a great mom to both your children and piggies, and you gave her a great life during her time spent with you.

I know right now you are hurting, but hopefully someday the pain won't be so hard and instead you will remember the good times and smile. I am here for you if you need to talk or just need someone to listen. I know I don't even know you and never got the opportunity to meet Lola, but I am sitting here fighting back the tears and wish I could give you a big hug right now. I am so sorry for your loss, and may Lola rest in peace and forever hold a place in all of our hearts not only today, but always.

utoepeea

Cavy Slave
Oh my, I am soo sorry to hear all your troubles. Just hang in there and do the best you can, losing a pet is always so hard. :weepy:

Jeanne

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry that you lost Lola. I'm positive that you did everything you could for her.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry Jenn. I don't even know what to say. You are one of the best piggy moms that I've ever met. You did everything you could to help her. Don't be hard on yourself.

CapuPebbles

Cavy Slave
Jenn I'm so sorry for your loss. Lola rest in peace..:weepy:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.