Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Woohoo

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Guess who got more zip ties and tape today. ME!!! Oh yeah gonna revamp cages again. We are going for frugal and taping the coroplast. Why drive to get when you can cut and tape? I have a feeling that I might end up having to get some anyhow lol.
So I have to make Divot his own bachelor's pad. Right now he is living in the pet store cage. It is not the best living condition but it is much safer than being attacked by everyone else. I thought he was going to be ok with Gringo but I woke up to one very bloody ear some time last week. So the bachelor pad building begins. Eventually this bad boy is oging to be a four level with Divot having the top and the other 3 having the bottom floors but I have to make do with what I have. Anyhow I will post the pics later. Wish me luck I will probably need it lol.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Good luck babygirl.
Maybe you could design something simiular to mine where Divot can still see everyone but has the grids to protect himself :)

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Okay 3 hours later and I am finished. Of course my $%#@&! camera is not working. Weaver I totally swiped your idea. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. The bottom is a 2x4 with a 1x2 hayloft. That is for the 3 boys. I know it is not as big as I would like but with the space I am using for now it will be ok. I plan on eventually adding 2 more 2x4 floors once I have more coroplast and grids. Then Divot's 2x3 bachelor pad is on the top next to the other boys hayloft. So they can see each other but not kill each other. Once the entire project is complete the 3 boys will have 3 2x4 levels and Divot will have the entire 2x4 penthouse. I have the bottom set up so I can just slide out the entire coroplast pan to vacuum and clean. I love it but right now I am pretty much exhausted.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
It sounds great! Remodeling is totally exhasting is'nt it? :)

It makes me feel good you used my ideas. I hope they work out for you as well as they have for me. I love the coroplast pans sliding out to clean them---I know you will too. It makes our job so much easier. Can't wait til you can take some pictures.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.