Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Meat advertising campaigns

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
A new red meat campaign has aired on Australian television that promotes that ''red meat-is essential''. I find this advertisement is infactual and misleading.​

Essential: vitally nessecary and findemental. In other words red meat is vital for a human being to live.​

We all know this is not the case. However this advertisement suggests otherwise. I have already lodged a complaint although I do not know if they will even take it into consideration. You can veiw the advertisement here:​

The advertisement was made by meat and livestock Australia.​

(broken link removed)​

This same company has also made other offensive advertisments showing a ''gothic, pale'' looking woman sitting at a table while everyone around her eats meat. A blantant form of racisism, although many people found it ''amusing''.​

A speaker for red meat Australia deeming vegetarians as ''hippe activists''. This advertisement is just another string in a number of bad ad campaigns which now hides behind dietry evidence that is not proven.

Sorry for the vent but when will it all end? Why cant they advertise their product in a polite way and not force their beliefs on the public in a misleading way by using wording that suggests meat is vitally nessecary to live.​

Are there any advertising campaigns that you do not agree with?​

Access

Cavy Slave
There are pleanty of advertising campaigns that I don't agree with, but I just don't watch them. People think something like this a bad thing, but in reality it's a good sign, it means that the vegetarians are making enough of a difference that the meat companies have taken notice and are trying to counter their influence. If the meat companies were really "in the right", they would not need commercials like this to get their "message" out.

The most you can do if you don't like the advertisement is contact the TV channels that run the advertisements and say you are refusing to watch their channel b'cos of the advertisements they run.

Zeander

Cavy Slave
"This same company has also made other offensive advertisments showing a ''gothic, pale'' looking woman sitting at a table while everyone around her eats meat. A blantant form of racisism, although many people found it ''amusing''."

Personally, I don't understand how that's racisism. Perhaps they were trying to say that she is pale because she is anemic because she doesn't get enough iron, which red meat is a good source of.

I am not a vegitarian, but saying that red meat is essential is just ridiculous. I've read serveral articles just how bad it is and that there is an increased risk of cancer from eating it.

However, it is advertising and they'll say anything to try to get you to buy their product... that's not going to change. It's up to each person to use their God given brain and see through the garbage they feed you.

Personally i'm sick of all the perverse commercials... absolutely unnecassary.​

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I think sterotype is a better word then racisism. People who are into the Gothic scene are subject to a lot of sterotypes. I have to say this one is the strangest.

Then again anyone who is not the "average red blooded Canadian" is lampooned where I grew up. It's amazing I came out so tolerant.

As someone who is different in a variety of ways and in ways that get advertised agaisnt a whole lot more then veg*anism I just ignore it. If enough people ignore trash they will stop spewing it out.

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
Racism was the wrong word more discrimination. The advertisemnet in question showed a pale gothic woman sitting at a table while her boyfirend and his family ate lamb. They then offerered her some and her boyfriend said she cant because she is a vegetarian. The whole family looked at her shocked. The stereotype of vegetarians being pale and thin was also used in this advertisement.

The ad was banned from Australian televison a month after it started showing. I plan to hopefully have this one banned or at least edited. It is hard to be faced with advertisements that use stereotypical images, bad wording e.t.c and not get angry.

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
I saw the new ad, At dinner time while i was happily eating a vegetaraian meal.

I hate ads like that. Just cos your vegetarian dosn't mean you'll be thin and pale. Guinea pigs arn't thin and pale and they are vegetarians lol. Anyways the ad is very stupid.

Emma

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.