PDA

View Full Version : Cage for Chins

cavylover
04-28-04, 09:26 am
Does anyone have any pictures of a C&C cage for Chins.Im thiknig about getting 2 and wondering whats a good style to make a C&C for chins.....

reptilegrrl
07-07-04, 06:51 pm
I made a cage for my degus, you can see pics of it in the galleries. Degus are smaller cousins of chinchillas, and they have very similar needs. Such a cage would probably work out for you too. I had to doublr-grid mine because degus are so small, but you could single-grid for chins.

cavylover
07-08-04, 07:21 am
You can get smaller grids eh so you dont have to use 2 grids to make one grid.Linens n things/Loblaws sells them for 19.99 for 18.For the Chins ill be getting my building the cage 11 feet tall (size from my floor to the ceiling) with many perchs.Hopefully they'll like it

CritterLuver419
09-23-04, 01:37 pm
wow I bet they'll like it :)

reptilegrrl
09-23-04, 01:44 pm
You can get smaller grids eh so you dont have to use 2 grids to make one grid.Linens n things/Loblaws sells them for 19.99 for 18.For the Chins ill be getting my building the cage 11 feet tall (size from my floor to the ceiling) with many perchs.Hopefully they'll like it
I'm aware that grids with smaller openings are available (I HAVE read this site) but as I have explained repeatedly, the grids with smaller openings are a)ugly and b)coated with vinyl, which my degus would chew.